• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

Worth every penny of the $80.00 I spent to play solo. If I won the lottery, I would buy Bucksnort.

I'm just saying a course that wonderful is better when shared with friends. If I were paying $80 no matter what, I'd still rather play with my son or someone else I enjoyed the company of. More smiles = better time.

...and Aces are way better with witnesses!

Last edited:
I'd have zero issues paying $80 to have Buck to myself for the day but agree that good times are usually even better when shared w good friends. Really excited for my first return trip since playing it 2018.

She's right you know?

Interesting's a good word. Obviously, I haven't played even half of them, but nothing jumped out to me as being outrageous. That said...

1) Much harder to catch a course missing from that list, than it is to spot one you feel doesn't necessarily belong.

2) We can debate and try to fine tune the rankings forever, and still never reach any real consensus, because everyone's going to weight different aspects of a course with their own preferences.

All we can really do is determine if a course is truly "destination disc golf." List seemed filled courses that are pretty highly rated on DGCR.

Let the melee ensue...

:popcorn:

Looks like I've played 21 of them. Guess I got a bunch more cherries to pick. :)

Having two of three Woodland Valley (Maine) courses in the top 75 leads me to question the rankings. They both would probably make MY top 75, but I've only played about 115 courses.

The amenities are very good there. And don't get me wrong, as I really enjoyed the courses, but I can't imagine the courses themselves breaking into the top 100 of ALL courses.

I didn't check but, in general, is the actual number of course ratings used to generate the UD rankings still lower on UD than here on DGCR? Obviously, home course bias/preference would have a much bigger impact if the number of ratings is lower.

I have played 16. Had plans to knock out several others this spring and summer, but oh well.

Might be able to hit a few this fall/winter if things settle down.

I have played 16. Had plans to knock out several others this spring and summer, but oh well.

Might be able to hit a few this fall/winter if things settle down.
I have played 16 of those as well. I don't think Turkey Hill makes my own top 100. :\

11 for me, hopefully 13 by the end of the year. All 11 are really good to great courses imo.

What really blows my mind, is...

Just how passionate we can be about which deciding forest makes throwing our discs into trees more enjoyable.

29 played.
Considering how many more courses you've played than I have, I'd say my 21 stacks up pretty nicely.

TVK's probably too busy playing courses and writing reviews to figure out how many of those he's played... ;)

Only 7, but with 48 total played, that means about 15% are top 100. I do tend to make road trips just for that reason. Knocked out 4 in MI just in June. Surprised only one in the Cincy/Dayton metro area made the list.

To help any who want to plan an epic road trip, here is a google map of the US courses. Clicking on a marker gives the name of the course. Some only show one marker, because they are so close, like Sabattus, Selah, Brewsters/Fox Run, etc.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1nGl6FofDPZJ7xuhv6AaWeoeJY4p460or&usp=sharing

38. These 38 are all good to great courses, but how many are top-100?

I like the Woodland Valley and Sabattus complexes in Maine, and the courses there, but not sure if any of them are top-100 in the world.

Turkey Hill is localish (~1 hour) from me, and a very solid course, but there's a few Maryland courses I'd put above it, and several I'd group with it, and certainly not Top-100-in-World.

When it comes to course ratings/rankings, I'll stick with DGCR as the best discriminator.

Latest posts