• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

For astrology people, we're entering the Leo month (if that's even the right term) on Saturday. What would that have to do with courses in the Top 10, or ones that should be if not for a lack of reviews? Stay tuned...
I think I know, but I'm not going to be the spoiler.

Still needs a few reviews. A few other new-ish and highly-rated courses are in a similar position.

Was going to say: nothing, it's astrology, lol.

I think I see where you're going though.

Let's just say the timing was completely coincidental. The astrology/Leo connection was only discovered while Googling for creative titles having to do with this soon-to-be revealed course and review.

That's an interesting stat on Maple Hill. I didn't check, but I would assume Idlewild isn't too far back. Lake Marshall - The Lions is right up there too. with Craig's latest reviews its a 4.93. Just counting TR's, that's five 5.0. It's a top 5 bucket list course for me along with Maple Hill, Hillcrest, Jarva and Oak Grove

Last edited:
I am leaving on a road trip Thursday and should be playing both eagles crossing and harmony bends (not on same day) as well as disc side of heaven and hopefully many others. How did Mike get banned?

I am leaving on a road trip Thursday and should be playing both eagles crossing and harmony bends (not on same day) as well as disc side of heaven and hopefully many others. How did Mike get banned?
It's been my experience, that you can't post a comment if you are banned...but maybe that's changed. A soft ban ?

Another 5/5 for Eagles Crossing, this time via a nice review by dgaficionado. That's 4 reviews and 4 perfect scores.

looks like fairfield in il snuck into the top 25

Fairfield bumped Lake Claiborne - Whitetail. I have played both so it doesn't change my top 25 count, and I would be happy to play either again. And maybe playing Fairfield as the third course on a 95°F day affected my enjoyment lol.

But I strongly preferred Lake Claiborne. Man, that course checked all of my boxes. :D

Another 5/5 for Eagles Crossing, this time via a nice review by dgaficionado. That's 4 reviews and 4 perfect scores.
Thanks, Tyler!

That's four reviews now plus a "not a five" non-review on the Wall page.

Fairfield bumped Lake Claiborne - Whitetail. I have played both so it doesn't change my top 25 count, and I would be happy to play either again. And maybe playing Fairfield as the third course on a 95°F day affected my enjoyment lol.

But I strongly preferred Lake Claiborne. Man, that course checked all of my boxes. :D

i've also played both. both are in my favorites. i rated them almost the same, but for strengths in different areas. I really enjoyed the design of Fairfield. I had to really think about placement and know when and when not to gamble. Whitetail is a gem of a landscape.

Fairfield is lacking in amenities some might want/expect in a 5-Disc course such as a shelter, paved parking lot, more benches and better restrooms. On my wish list, I'd like a few more strategically placed trees in holes 1-4 & 18 including shade trees by tees. The locals are working with the park dept to get a bit more added each year. All that considered, it's a solid free, public course track with the unique twist of the back nines of the White and Gold layouts being mostly independent loops.

Latest posts