• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

Tyler in the top 10......ehhh....its just loaded with amenities and recently is in it's championship configuration.
I will always say Tyler would be top 10 worthy if they ever purchased permt c position baskets and rotated the As and Bs....the landing areas that pros bitch about not xisting would wear in if there were permt Cs
Its a great course but I prefer the big driving through the woods that Nockamixon allows

Tyler in the top 10......ehhh....its just loaded with amenities and recently is in it's championship configuration.
I will always say Tyler would be top 10 worthy if they ever purchased permt c position baskets and rotated the As and Bs....the landing areas that pros bitch about not xisting would wear in if there were permt Cs
Its a great course but I prefer the big driving through the woods that Nockamixon allows

completely agree. GREAT course, but not top 10. I was on vacation nearby, snuck out at 7AM and was very disappointed to find half of the pins in the A (short) position. I had time for 18 long challenging holes, or 27 shorties, but ended up playing the mixed 18 'par for the day.'

Great for local, terrible if you don't know about it.

Also, the stairway between i think 7 and 8 is very dangerous. I seriously almost died by tripping and falling down those massive stairs.

Also, the stairway between i think 7 and 8 is very dangerous. I seriously almost died by tripping and falling down those massive stairs.

I always thought that a shot from the top of those stairs to the woods between the river and tee 8 would be the best shot on that course.....I'd love to see that hole made one day and scrap one of the other holes.....scary stairs but wow what an amazing amount of work to build them.

Tyler is a great course and one of my favorites but I don't think it offers the same variety from hole to hole as Winter Park offers.

He is top 10 in WI, top 10 in at least one diamond reviewers list (mine)

I understand it's a great course. It would probably be in the top ten for having the loudest cheerleader :). From what I understand, from trusted sources WP is on the bottom of the top ten in WI, especially when you consider some unlisted up and comers ie the ridge etc. That being said I can't wait to play WP.

Winter park is in my top 15. I'm playing it again soon, and if the tees are in better shape it could make my personal top ten.

From what I understand, from trusted sources WP is on the bottom of the top ten in WI,
So, what are you saying ? Winter Park was in the DGCR top ten, but is barely in the Wisconsin top ten ????

Craziness!!!

Rolling Ridge is an awesome wooded course. You get out into the open a bit and can air it out on 1 or 2 holes, but it also lacks distinct water OB, huge elevation, and any other defined OB. It is awesome though. Ratings and top 10's are all about opinion. My opinion in course rating is that I want a little bit of every single element you could ask for in a course - open rippers, downhill bombers, tight woods, short and extreme elevation changes, risky greens, OB, ponds, water, etc, etc. Winter Park does indeed have that all. So, if you're building a wishlist based on wanting to play a MULTITUDE of hole designs and experience some beautiful and almost extreme terrain, then Winter Park better be in your plans! Of course, couple it with a road trip to WI finest courses like Highbridge, Brickyard, Sandy Point, Tailings (in da UP eh), Zobel, Rolling Ridge (if you can get an invite), Justin Trails, etc, etc, etc...

So, what are you saying ? Winter Park was in the DGCR top ten, but is barely in the Wisconsin top ten ????

I think the idea is there are a lot of courses that aren't on DGCR, that are factored into that.

They aren't but it still is a great course

Winter park is in my top 15. I'm playing it again soon, and if the tees are in better shape it could make my personal top ten.

Craziness!!!

Rolling Ridge is an awesome wooded course. You get out into the open a bit and can air it out on 1 or 2 holes, but it also lacks distinct water OB, huge elevation, and any other defined OB. It is awesome though. Ratings and top 10's are all about opinion. My opinion in course rating is that I want a little bit of every single element you could ask for in a course - open rippers, downhill bombers, tight woods, short and extreme elevation changes, risky greens, OB, ponds, water, etc, etc. Winter Park does indeed have that all. So, if you're building a wishlist based on wanting to play a MULTITUDE of hole designs and experience some beautiful and almost extreme terrain, then Winter Park better be in your plans! Of course, couple it with a road trip to WI finest courses like Highbridge, Brickyard, Sandy Point, Tailings (in da UP eh), Zobel, Rolling Ridge (if you can get an invite), Justin Trails, etc, etc, etc...

Great design unfinished course . . .give it some time

They aren't but it still is a great course

They are. I believe sine mashnut last played, I have improved some tees. Starting in October last year I did the blue tees on 8B, 8C, 13H, 14, and 15, and I relocated tee #2 in July this year.

I'm excited to play up there again. Even without improvements it's a really fun and challenging layout with some of the most variety I've seen anywhere.

:thmbup: :cool:

*breakdances the winter park*