• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

How did you guys like Zoebel?

Really nice layout, great variety. I wish they would mix the pin placements, most of the shorts (we played it in all A pins) are deuceable, many of the longs are multi shot holes with defined landing zones. I think the most balanced course would probably be half shorts and half longs.

You mean last rounds of old layout? Or are they closing O'Hauser?!?! :eek:

No need for big distress Juke; last rounds of that layout. The new one, in the spring, will be @the fifth layout of that course.

Perhaps Zoebel is set with shorts for the winter?

No need for big distress Juke; last rounds of that layout. The new one, in the spring, will be @the fifth layout of that course.

Perhaps Zoebel is set with shorts for the winter?

Whew. :D

I'm itching to try the new layout, from the work I saw, it looked like it was gonna be sweet.

Say hi to Rich for me next time you see 'im! :)

I'm wondering if I should even try to play Zobel this year or wait until the spring. There's an active Zobel group on Facebook that posts updates on pin positions and course improvements, so that'd be a good resource for anyone contemplating a drive out there but wondering if it'll be worth the trip.

Is the Ridge in year-round, or is that another one I should either hit really soon or wait until next year?

I just found Zobel the other day and it looks awesome. I'm hoping the snow holds out so I can play it over Thanksgiving when I'm up that way.

I haven't gotten my Zobel review up yet, but it's pretty dern good. :thmbup:

Half of the crew liked Zoebel as much as Winter if that tells anyone anything. They are both very good.

There's been some movement in the top 10 recently. Blueberry Hill dropped a couple spots, Granite Ridge finally got its 20th review knocking Holler in the Hills off the list. Maple Hill, Milo McIver and Winter Park are right on the cusp of the top 10 and it looks like only a matter of time until Selah Ranch gets enough reviews to make the list.

It's nice to see some changes to the list and it looks like there's more to come soon.

There's been some movement in the top 10 recently. Blueberry Hill dropped a couple spots, Granite Ridge finally got its 20th review knocking Holler in the Hills off the list. Maple Hill, Milo McIver and Winter Park are right on the cusp of the top 10 and it looks like only a matter of time until Selah Ranch gets enough reviews to make the list.

It's nice to see some changes to the list and it looks like there's more to come soon.

It has been a while since there was a shakeup on the page and it's good to see new courses popping up there, I just wonder if some of the new courses being on the top 10 eventually lead to them falling off. I think it is natural that if a course is completed when it opens and in great shape it starts out hot and gets a lot of 5's then someone disagrees with its placement and it eventually falls off.

It should be interesting!

Milo would be in the top 5 without a doubt if there was a way for them to keep both 18 hole layouts from the Beaver state fling in at all times. I've only played BRP and Idlewild in the top 5 and Milo is better than both. IMHO.

just sayin.......

Blueberry Hill fell so far because someone gave it a 0.5. Seriously, a 0.5. Even it they would have given it a 2.5, which still would have been the worst rating the course had been given so far, it would be in the #4 spot, with a 4.74 instead of a 4.69.

Ouch! Someone had a really negative experience...
Not sure how much they focused/limited their opinion to just that single course, seems more about the complex as a whole.

Last edited:
In the past few months, some were complaining around here about BH being above BRP and claimed they were going to knock it down. Of course, with no names, you can't tell who did it. No biggie. Players will still go there for the overall experience.

I agree, it's not going to hurt the draw of Highbridge at all. With two courses n the top 10, one lousy review isn't going to make much of a difference in the long run.

Ouch! Someone had a really negative experience...
Not sure how much they focused/limited their opinion to just that single course, seems more about the complex as a whole.

Well, my first time there I donated a fantastic Star Orc to the bottom of BH #13's (surprise!) pond. If I had internet access and a tablet on hand at that moment, they might have gotten a .5 review from me. :eek: Fortunately, the rest of the day was much better and all was forgiven.

I do see the guy's point that the property may be better served with a few less courses and thus more time for upkeep...but that land just screams MORE! and I can't fault John for obeying. Maybe he could partner with the PDGA to make an "IDGC North" and get some more grounds keepers?

I'd been planning a trip to hit Highbridge + Sandy Point this weekend, but after recent trips to Pittsburgh and Charlotte, I had to put the kaibash on that. :( I am curious to see what Highbridge is all about, how the courses differ, and what kind of shape they're in. Guess it'll have to wait.
:popcorn:

.........Im not sure where exactly the line should be, but I vote that a .5 rating of a course that has a strongly based rating of 4+ (ie whatever amount of reviews to achieve this "strong base" can also be determined) should not be factored into the overall rating of the course. Kind of like how the PDGA throws out your 750 round when you're an established 960 player.

Whatever happened to common sense? I know its rare in the real world these days, but I think dgcr should set the bar :D

.........Im not sure where exactly the line should be, but I vote that a .5 rating of a course that has a strongly based rating of 4+ (ie whatever amount of reviews to achieve this "strong base" can also be determined) should not be factored into the overall rating of the course. Kind of like how the PDGA throws out your 750 round when you're an established 960 player.

Whatever happened to common sense? I know its rare in the real world these days, but I think dgcr should set the bar :D

i disagree. i think people are caring too much about what the course is rated. if you think its a great course then that's fine, go play it and enjoy it. does it really matter if it is highly rated on dgcr?

i disagree. i think people are caring too much about what the course is rated. if you think its a great course then that's fine, go play it and enjoy it. does it really matter if it is highly rated on dgcr?

i agree. look at all the fuss that was made about who'd be the first to give selah something less than a 5. read the reviews and make up your own mind about whether to play. end of story.

I'm just trying to point out that outliers (and I understand the difficulty in policing this) should be stricken from the record.......just as they would in most statistical analysis...........thats all.

Latest posts