• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

Harmony Bends in Columbia is the best course I have played. There is a bottomlands area that holds moisture and I cannot imagine how bad it is given the massive rains that hit the area.
Sounds like a major issue to me...

I just looked at the top 10 and have not played a single course. Harmony Bends in Columbia is the best course I have played. There is a bottomlands area that holds moisture and I cannot imagine how bad it is given the massive rains that hit the area.

I'm headed out there this Sun... I hope it's not a mess. :\

Ummm you can sort by rating on the browse map page...it's in the second column of filters.

no, not searching within a rating range.

i'm talking about the list of courses below the map. it is always listed in order of distance from the map marker and cannot be sorted any other way.

no, not searching within a rating range.

i'm talking about the list of courses below the map. it is always listed in order of distance from the map marker and cannot be sorted any other way.

Gotcha. I rarely click on that map...half the time it doesn't want to load.

Harmony Bends is for real. It was very wet... figured it would be. Came prepared and played in these:
HeartlandFootwear_IndustrialBoots7-e1406756076144.png

... didn't regret it for a minute. Thank you Mr. Houck, and all those who had something to do with this course's existence.

Last edited:
Harmony Bends is for real.
... didn't regret it for a minute. Thank you Mr. Houck, and all those who had something to do with this course's existence.

i wish i were closer, i like it better than the Selah courses but it's hard to beat those 2 courses in one place, and camping, and Trey Deuce down the road.

i wish i were closer, i like it better than the Selah courses but it's hard to beat those 2 courses in one place, and camping, and Trey Deuce down the road.

Thanks, Steve.

And thanks, Dwayne. And thanks to everyone else.

It's great to hear how much people are enjoying that course. It was challenging -- but of course a labor of love -- for me. Huge thanks to the Columbia Disc Golf Club and the City for making it all possible. And to my new friend Rick Richardson for doing the best excavator work I've ever seen on a disc golf course. (Frost Valley has some amazing, though less extensive, excavator work).

As for where it ranks, I personally believe it is in that elite class with Selah and Hillcrest Farm in Canada. I also think that Frost Valley and now Flat Creek are at that same level.

And the good news is that all the courses I just mentioned are really different from each other. It's hard to compare them head-to-head, at least for me, because they all have such different character.

The important thing is that players have a fun and challenging experience, and I'm really glad to hear that's happening.

As for where it ranks, I personally believe it is in that elite class with Selah and Hillcrest Farm in Canada. I also think that Frost Valley and now Flat Creek are at that same level.

And the good news is that all the courses I just mentioned are really different from each other. It's hard to compare them head-to-head, at least for me, because they all have such different character.

The important thing is that players have a fun and challenging experience, and I'm really glad to hear that's happening.
Frost Valley is amazing, I can't believe hardly anyone has played it.

Why is Flat Creek RIP'd?
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8788

I was just in ATX but didn't have the time to go to Flat Creek. i'll definitely get there some time this summer. great to know you have an equally high opinion of that one.

i did get a chance to play Westside Park though, another really well-thought course.

John, have you ever considered doing something like a "review video"? tournament videos nowadays frequently have the drone or camera fly-through before each hole. i think a hole-by-hole video with commentary from you on how each hole plays and maybe how you approached the design decisions would be awesome! not sure how much work that would entail but it could be a cool way to promote new courses.

Maple hill has fallen out of the top top. Down all the way to 15th. Hello Lake Claiborne SP - Whitetail.

i did get a chance to play Westside Park though, another really well-thought course.

Thanks. Looking forward to someday getting that back 9 put in.

John, have you ever considered doing something like a "review video"? tournament videos nowadays frequently have the drone or camera fly-through before each hole. i think a hole-by-hole video with commentary from you on how each hole plays and maybe how you approached the design decisions would be awesome! not sure how much work that would entail but it could be a cool way to promote new courses.

Funny you should say that...

As part of the coverage of the PDGA Amateur World Doubles this year, we did a detailed look at Lakeside #7, including fly-overs and in-depth look at several key spots on the fairway. Very well shot and edited by the Central Coast crew -- even the "draft" version looked great. Should have the final version ready soon, and I'm hoping to do many more in the future.

Don't tell magictenor, but Lake Claiborne is yoyoed out of the Top Ten.

Welcome back, Blue Ribbon Pines.

not for long!

it won't be long until Harmony Bends debuts in the Top 10, most likely somewhere between #2 and #4

it's at 4.88 right now with 17 reviews. 3 more 5.0 ratings and it would be 4.90. 3 more 4.5 ratings and it would be 4.83. 3 ratings of 4.0 would still put it at 4.75, good enough for the #9 spot.

as a side note, i wonder if any other course designer has had multiple courses in the Top 10 at the same time, or even just anytime ever. Selah almost doesn't count but Harmony Bends will put John with 3 courses in the Top 10 at once and that probably won't change any time soon. sounds like Flat Creek has a chance at the list and if 20 people ever make it to Frost Valley then Mr. Houck could boast having designed half of the Top 10.

for the next 3 reviews of Harmony Bends:
5+5+5 or 5+5+4.5 and it beats out Flip for #2
5+4.5+4.5 or 5+5+4 and it ties Flip and Flip stays at #2 (more reviews)
4.5+4.5+4.5 or 5+4.5+4 and it ties Rolling Ridge and RR stays at #3
4.5+4.5+4 and it ties Harmon Hills and Bucksnort, coming in at #6

it would need 7 more 5.0 reviews and nothing else lower to beat out Lakeside

Did anyone read the last Blue Rib review. I think it is about 12 words or so. This is an example of the kind of reviews that we used to see when it was Flip and Idlewild were battling it out for 1st. The more that things change...........