• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

The guy obviously has issues with private courses. That is really his opinion and I can respect it. I think DGS ratings on private course are a bit obsurd both ways. Many private course only get rated by friends of the owner an are given hometown ratings. I find them generally inaccurate and not that helpful in my decision to ask permission to hang out and play. While I certainly respect and appreciate the amount of personal time and work that owners put into their courses, it should not be expected that everyone that plays dole out an A+ for it.

It is a shame he lets his opinion on Private Courses totally take away from giving an honest review of the actual course. He seems to be abusing his review powers in attempt to right some wrong he perceives with private course ratings, trying to knock the overall grade down. I am okay with somebody docking a grade or two for pay to play or private courses, but I am not okay with somebody painting every private course with the same broad brush.

I made sure to give my opinion on each of his grades, poor reviews and horrible grammar. :thmbdown:

:hfive:

I agree that everyone has the right to give their .02 in THEIR review, on a course they PLAYED, but if they've never even set foot on that course(s)...

I'm cool with whatever ranking someone will give my courses but at least play it before ya knock it or love it. Am I wrong? He just makes it sound like all these courses are garbage when most know BlueGill and Flip City are some of the best around. To me, my courses are nowhere near as cool as Flip or Bluegill but others really seem to like them.

picture.php

picture.php

Even though I just started construction on Mill Creek DGC, I bet if I listed it he'd say he's played it and will most likely say it sucks and give me a stellar review for sure.:rolleyes:
Luckily for DGCR, this guy doesn't seem to post or review here.

I'm just assuming he wanted to bump up his home course by rating down the private courses that were ranked higher than his public course on the DGS list. I'm cool with it if it keeps his types from wanting to play at my places but at least play them before you review/rank them.

Rollin' Ridge is cloooose....:popcorn:

I agree with both Golden and Donny. I think the guy has some sort of personal agenda. Reviewing courses he has not played, proves that point and there seems to be no reason to his reviews. Again, agreed that a course could loose points for PTP or private, but to simply hand out C's with a cut and past feeble rant is dumb. My only real point was that I think handing out A+ to a buddies private course is just as irresponsible. DCS has 6 private courses in the top ten. While I have not played any of these private course, I find this hard to believe. Addison Oaks, Hudson Mills, Stony Creek, and Mason County are unbelievable courses. Again, I would be hard pressed to buy there are 6 private courses that top these in honest, broad evaluations. It is too bad that this dude feels he needs to bring his personal crusade to a forum where we all want the same thing, honest evaluations of courses.

I do not know anything about DiscGolfScene.com, but that sort of review would not stick around here. timg has a system set up where you cannot review a course you have not marked as played (easy enough to cheat that though), but more importantly things are moderated here. Plenty of vindictive/unhelpful reviews (like the ones you mention) have been removed from DGCR.

Don't we have enough members around here we can gripe about, without griping about reviewers on other sites?

Just look at the stats for the course.

137 reviews.
76 five disc reviews but yet only 3 of those are from TR's.

I wonder how many of those 5 disc reviews are from people who have reviewed less than 5 courses.

i wish there were a way to sort for "drive-by" reviews. those are often people with few reviews/courses played. it would be easy to check that way.

Phantom just took a 1.0 rating. looks like some people are starting to get aggressive about attempting to "deflate" the rating. is it just this course (for being in the top 10) or is it going on in general in CO? the courses do seem overrated in general there, either by locals or by visitors entranced but the views, perhaps.

looking forward to my first visit there next week (CO, not Phantom)

THAT review may not last. It's about 70% personal attack.

Agreed. I flagged the review. Wouldn't be surprised if lovethisgame goes on vacation from this site for awhile.

It's garbage like that which hurt the cause of this site.

Last edited:
I have played some top tier courses, phantom was definitely overrated IMO. Especially for $20, and there are awesome public parks there in CO for like 1/5 the price.
Selah Ranch in Texas is way better ... For the golf carts alone!

Just my .02

Whether or not it's overrated, vindictive ratings don't help the accuracy of the ratings system either.

Let's set the record straight

Paulie here – I try to remove myself from the fray that a highly ranked course causes. I learned long ago that having a highly ranked course is somewhat of a curse, making the course, and you as an owner, a target. I do not usually stick my beak into these discussions, but this one I can't let slide.

For the record, I have never treated anyone who visits any of my courses with anything but courtesy, and respect. I am very customer service oriented, and pride myself in making all visitors to PF, BS, or MM feel like they are special, and try to make them feel "at home". There are many outright lies in this latest review, and the one that is most concerning to me is putting my character in question. I want to be very very clear about this, I have never, nor would I even consider, creating an alternate ID to put more phony reviews on this site. I value this site, and my integrity way to much. I have never taken credit for the Conifer course nor the Bailey course. If I have said anything in regards to these other local mountain courses, it is in reference to me being one of the many founding members of the Foothill Flyers DG Club who is responsible for the design and instillation of these mountain jewels, and explaining the order of instillation, and some history in regards to there creation. I also spend some time during the ½ hour orientation explaining where your customary donation money is spent. For the record, I schedule only one tee-time per day, so how much money could I really be "raking in". I also hire a groundskeeper for two days a week, and lease some of the property used to make the course. Every course has expenses and mine is no different. Where can you have 6 to 7 hours of fun for $20 anyway? There is one (and only one) bit of truth in this review, the truth is that with my age and injuries I can NOT throw much further than 300ft. All the other info on this review is outright lies and garbage.

In regards to Phantom Falls DGC, When you call me for your mandatory tee-time, I make it very clear that this is a "shorter, accuracy based, intermediate/advanced, and beginner friendly" DGC, nor do I hide the fact that there is a customary donation of $20 for around 6 to 7 hours of fun. If you chose to come to PF you have made a conscious choice to come to an accuracy based, ace run rich, fun factor, "shorter" 39 hole DGC that takes all day to play.

I am very passionate about growing our sport from the ground up by focusing on kids, women, and beginners (the future of our sport) and we have made some beginner friendly courses that groups can have for the day all to themselves. I understand that there are those who are not going to like the nature of these "shorter" beginner friendly courses, but we am also not forcing you to play them, we have many other local courses with much longer holes to chose from. You must also understand that there are many DG'ers who enjoy these types of accuracy based courses very much. Just look at the 11 TR's and 1 Diamond TR that gave PF an average rating of 4.58, so the notion that Phantom Falls is a course that deserves a rating any less that say 3 or 3.5 is revengeful at best. In my opinion the last two people are just reviewing PF so they can slam PF, and significantly lower its DGCR rating.

Not liking my/our courses is very different than not liking me, making false accusations of things I have done, and calling me names is the work of someone who has some sort of personal vendetta. To the person who wrote this latest garbage, I don't know what I did to you to make you so angry, but I feel bad that I made you feel that way, and I would change it if I could, I am also sorry that you did not enjoy your day at Phantom Falls. As for me being a douchbag, I think we all know who the DB is in this situation. Regards to all - Paulie

Don't let it get to ya Paulie.
Keep on keepin on
We can't please them all