• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moving away from Innova

I throw Lucid Verdict and Lucid Thief. Both are great discs, in fact, my favorite discs. I also bag or have bagged recently a River, Saint, Vision, Claymore, Harp, and Spike. I throw the Claymore a lot and the Spike is my everyday putter. Harp is new for me so I am getting used to it still as a driving/upshot putter. Vision was/is a good disc but I have found the Thief to do what it does plus more. Saint is pretty good but never bonded with it. River I loved for a long time but is pretty flippy now. It's in Opto, so I thought I would get more use out of it before it got flippy but have read that is common with Lat 64 plastic, so... I use mostly Trilogy because when my friends and I started playing, one guy gravitated toward Discraft, one toward Innova, and so I, just to be different, went to Lat 64. The more I play though, the more I like Dynamic, so gradually switching over to them for most stuff.

Sorry for the delay in replying...

I throw Lucid Verdict and Lucid Thief. Both are great discs, in fact, my favorite discs. I also bag or have bagged recently a River, Saint, Vision, Claymore, Harp, and Spike. I throw the Claymore a lot and the Spike is my everyday putter. Harp is new for me so I am getting used to it still as a driving/upshot putter. Vision was/is a good disc but I have found the Thief to do what it does plus more. Saint is pretty good but never bonded with it. River I loved for a long time but is pretty flippy now. It's in Opto, so I thought I would get more use out of it before it got flippy but have read that is common with Lat 64 plastic, so... I use mostly Trilogy because when my friends and I started playing, one guy gravitated toward Discraft, one toward Innova, and so I, just to be different, went to Lat 64. The more I play though, the more I like Dynamic, so gradually switching over to them for most stuff.

I have kind of gravitated toward Lat64 mostly... I use Pains and Compass' for mids... Gauntlets in varying plastics for putting (Zero megasoft), ups (Zero medium), and driving (Gold line) for shorter holes... I do have a couple of DD discs that will remain in bag just because they work for me.... an Escape (in prime and BioF) and a Fugitive(in BioF) and I also bag a Prime Truth... Saint Pro, River, Striker, & Stiletto fill in the gaps... The Diamond is religated to specialized shots now as I've pretty much outgrown it...

Picked up the new Lat64 Bryce, Gobi & Sarek this past weekend (all First Run stamped) and I love them...

And then I have the couple of MVP/Axioms Ion and Envy putters... Relay, Inertia, Switch and Insanity... Though these are not regular "go to" discs... (the Envy is a GREAT driving putter)

I found this part of the post curious, also. And I never knew Lat stamps the weight on the disc. That seems like a lot of trouble. Did they just start doing that, because my Visions, and Trident were not stamped.

It started with ink stamps, I have a Pearl and a River with those. I think there may have been some runs it was stamped into the plate, but then changed to elevated numbers. The placement varies though so I think maybe they just place the numbers on in the mold before pouring? The weights might also be off, either that or my scale is, but it maybe the weight the disc is supposed to have. The "dot" in the middle bottom of the flight plate where the plastic is poured into the mold... my scaled weights are off by about that much. Cut it off/sand it down and my scale matches the weight on the disc.