• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Amp

Can you see any physical differences between the two discs? I'm waiting for the putter trilogy to be completed first :)

chainsmoker said:
Can you see any physical differences between the two discs? I'm waiting for the putter trilogy to be completed first :)

The Amp/Volt have a different overmold. The Amp has a higher more rounded shoulder and a more PD-like nose with a lower parting line when compared to the Volt.

discspeed said:
chainsmoker said:

The Amp/Volt have a different overmold. The Amp has a higher more rounded shoulder and a more PD-like nose with a lower parting line when compared to the Volt.

Sorry about the poorly worded question, :oops: I meant between the two amps you have.

Here are my two Amps side by side:
63824_2556296043792_769048197_n.jpg

JR said:
Even the overmold is different on the underside. I'd pick the left one over the right one.

I know how that looks, but that's somehow a product of the photo angle/lighting. The bottom wings are the same on both discs...the white one is not sharper like it looks.

Everything else being equal the difference in the plh on those discs is pretty big. I think a little variation is good but I would hate to have two discs of the same mold be that different.

So much for MVP's excellent consistency, I guess drivers are a bit tougher to mold correctly.

Jesse B 707 said:
So much for MVP's excellent consistency, I guess drivers are a bit tougher to mold correctly.

Yeah...I hope they can tighten shit up. A stable Volt and understable Amp are good discs, but I'm not sure about os Amps and us Volts...Hopefully they can manipulate the molding process to keep the PLHs where they should be.

discspeed said:
Jesse B 707 said:

Yeah...I hope they can tighten shit up. A stable Volt and understable Amp are good discs, but I'm not sure about os Amps and us Volts...Hopefully they can manipulate the molding process to keep the PLHs where they should be.

I think the honeymoon is over...

Haha

I see myself as more of a DN rep reviewing MVP for the DGCR crowd. Or atleast that's how I justify it

I'll always come here to geek on Millennium

Didn't you tell people to buy an Amp instead of a JLS by saying the Amp was the same but longer? Doesn't longer mean better on DGCR? I taste a conflict of interests. :lol: