• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Still at the course...basically very straight and controllable. They don't seem to have high speed turn, very nice hss like an Ion but a later, less drastic fade. Axis flight at Ion speed.

Putts: Very accurate, takes much less spin to get a long, straight putt than the Ion. Excellent glide, doesn't feel flippy at all. Will consider using as my putting putter when softs come out.

Approach / Drive: Flies stable not understable. Threw some very straight shots in the 200-350' range, very little fade. Fought mild headwinds on 300'+ shots with a little hyzer. Very first throws ever with my 3 anodes were all parked under hole 1 at arboretum (250' hyzer shot, some fairly low hanging branches) thrown on a snappy hyzer line, 3rd shot skipped up and hit the basket. Parked them on some other 250'ish holes. They feel very accurate and easy to throw on a drive or long approach. tried some FH drives and they were stable enough to be driven. Also threw a few BH rollers in the 250-325' range and its great...very straight and cotrolled.

He's a tester.... so he's testing. Probably out at the course playing, making a video for everyone to watch. You can't rush reviews, especially since the initial review is going to be different than the final review.

Keep in mind, Mike C tried out Ions twice before finally switching from Wizards to Ions. Putting is all about feel, so it'll take a while to actually start really feeling if you like it or not.

I might buy one or two of the first runs, but I really doubt I'll really try them out for putting duties until they come out with softs. Since it seems like a less stable but faster Ion, I'm wondering how fun they'll be drive with.

I know, dude. I'm just impatient. :) I'll use Mediums if I change to putting with Anodes, because I like slightly more stiffness.

Still at the course...basically very straight and controllable. They don't seem to have high speed turn, very nice hss like an Ion but a later, less drastic fade.

Putts: Very accurate, takes much less spin to get a long, straight putt than the Ion. Excellent glide, doesn't feel flippy at all. Will consider using as my putting putter when softs come out.

Approach / Drive: Flies stable not understable. Threw some very straight shots in the 200-350' range, very little fade. Fought mild headwinds on 300'+ shots with a little hyzer. Very first throws ever with my 3 anodes were all parked under hole 1 at arboretum (250' hyzer shot, some fairly low hanging branches) thrown on a snappy hyzer line, 3rd shot skipped up and hit the basket. Parked them on some other 250'ish holes. They feel very accurate and easy to throw on a drive or long approach. tried some FH drives and they were stable enough to be driven. Also threw a few BH rollers in the 250-325' range and its great...very straight and cotrolled.

I dunno if you can see this while at the course... but whatever... how do they hold annys?

Looks like soft Anode is going to be my main putter as I would prefer more straighter in longer putts.

Also I am curious the comparison between Anode and Ion on anhyzer approaches/putts. I believe Anode would require less spin to get desired anhyzer lines than Ion. Can do with Ion, but I have to put extra spin on it. Great job MVP. Busy beavers!

Going off of what we have learned from soft vs medium Ions, it would be safe to assume that soft Anodes might require a little more spin on it. Can't wait to test these out for myself once they hit the shelves.

Any idea when softs will come out?

I'd like to see a dedicated Aviar thrower try one of these, they look pretty similar.

I am currently putting together some videos. I shot a 24 hole round of shorts at my home course, and threw some extra shots here and there, so I'll have the full round video + a bonus footage video uploaded later tonight.

It will basically hold any line you need. I can crank them hard and flat for a dead straight line, it will hold a hyzer even at 350', and thrown anny it holds the angle of release generally without flipping over any further or fighting out of the turn much.

I'm kind of frustrated with how the putting in the videos turned out, because the flight is amazing for a putting disc, but I just suck with firm putters. It really is a nice putting putter though and I expect a lot of people to switch to them for putts.

I got a few dozen throws with my 3 Anodes today behind the school I work at before it got dark (too bad they didn't debut in Eclipse...). The Anode is my kind of putter driver...Straight, fast, and glidey. The high speed stability held up to my hardest throws of the day, which felt like about 350'. Despite this I was able to get it to hold very small degrees of anny and work skinny S turns. They held beautiful annies and hyzers. The fade is late yet consistent. I realize it's still early, but I dare say that I like the way these fly a little better than I ever liked the neutral flying Ions.

I have a 171, 172, and 174g. The lighter ones dropped slower, but also seemed to fade a bit more. The heavier one (beautiful cobalt/violet color) is very neutral. In the field I didn't notice too much difference in distance between the Anode and Ion, but I do think the Anode flies farther on lower lines. Overall I could easily imagine my bag with more Anodes than Ions in the near future. And yes, I am drooling imagining how the softs are going to fly.

Tomorrow I should get to take my Anodes to the course.

Sounds pretty similar to my experiences. Felt accurate and easy to throw from the very first throw. Whether or not I end up putting with it I'll definitely carry a few in the bag for drives.

Latest posts