• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

lol just noticed your sig...good stuff.

Here's the approaches video. It's kinda lame but people wanted to see some short range anny's so here you go. Felt weird throwing short BH anny's like this, I literally never do that anymore.

Funny story about the first round I played with the Anode. That hole where I'm throwing a FH shot uphill and I'm standing by the big tree? That's a hole where I'd normally drive an OLF or Quasar to try and skip up the hill under the basket. That round I just had the Anode's and a Vector and Axis. Headwind coming in so I drive the Vector to about 50-65' short of the basket...just in front of the tree but not in my confidence zone. I take out my putter (171g S Ion) and Anode and tell my buddy I wanna try both of these putters from here to compare them on this long putt. Toss my real putter and sink it for my first Vector deuce on that hole, then toss the Anode in right after it. Turned to my friend and said, "****, guess they both work huh?"

So has anyone seen the shade of blue they're releasing with these first runs? The violet looks stunning, but I'm curious if we're getting an ice blue or a darker shade.

So has anyone seen the shade of blue they're releasing with these first runs? The violet looks stunning, but I'm curious if we're getting an ice blue or a darker shade.
I can't get on facebook from work but hit MVP's FB page. It's the darker blue on there with their picture of a bunch of Ions. No Ice Blue this run of Anodes just Violet and the med/dark blue.

Thanks for the video Mike C. I was one of those people asking about the Anode's ability to handle that short anhyzer approach. Thanks for effort. Does the Anode really require less spin than the Ion to get that perfect spin speed to get straight?

Does the Anode really require less spin than the Ion to get that perfect spin speed to get straight?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it takes just a little less to cruise...Though the biggest contrast I'd say is that the spin slows down more before it starts to fade, so it fades later.

Hyzers posted on fb that he got his anodes in today.
Says he got both regular and soft ones? Thought they didn't have soft?

Gettin' antsy!!!!! Hopefully I'll be throwing these by the end of the weeeek! Most likely next week for us NC peeps but.. I will keep the fingers crossed.

For clarification, no soft anodes have yet been produced. There may be a misunderstanding with this situation regarding the soft anodes.

That's what he says.

3 weeks later…
Oh wait! What's this? Soft FRs? Let's sell em for extra.

JK, we know you aren't like that…
but we would pay…

For clarification, no soft anodes have yet been produced. There may be a misunderstanding with this situation regarding the soft anodes.

Yeah I kinda figured that. If someone isn't familiar with mvp I can see them confusing the two, at room temperature my axis could pass for a soft.

The "regular" Anodes I got, in particular the 171-172 red-orange, are now officially my main putters. I've gotten to test them in some pretty good wind already and I've really liked what I've seen. They feel slightly better in my hand and hold straighter on my putts compared to the clear Ions.

The "regular" Anodes I got, in particular the 171-172 red-orange, are now officially my main putters. I've gotten to test them in some pretty good wind already and I've really liked what I've seen. They feel slightly better in my hand and hold straighter on my putts compared to the clear Ions.

How does the grip compare to the opaque Ion, (non-tooled) variety? Do they feel like an Axis, or more grippy?

ETA - have not held the clear plastic Ion