• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

ill go for a firm electron anode day one, current electron is too soft for my preference. but man a firm electron anode would be my dream putter. anodes were my putter for years, but the lure of base line made me switch away from them. just a matter of time and patience is suppose. they have to be coming.

I lost patience waiting for them. As good as the Anode is I don't think I'll ever go back. MVP took WAY too long to release something that should have been done with the release of the Ion.

Lol. Electron isnt even that great you guys are annoying its no wonder they take forever to release ****. Great trolling on their part :p

Anodes have been my putting putter for 3 years of the 4 years I've been playing but I really thing when it comes to putting it's just what feels good or what gives confidence.

With that said I would definitely buy and try an Anode electron putter.

I make due with the Anodes I have but super excited to be able to throw it in Electron.

This is me all over, except substitute "putt" for "throw." I actually like soft Ps for putting a good bit, but man the Elec is so good for me during the heat of summer (I sweat like a hoor) or in the rain. Soft P has good grip, but Elec is ideal (for me.)

Yea I throw my atom all over the place. The only time I really use my proxy anymore, is when I have a tree pretty close to me. Anything outside of 30ft I don't worry about hitting.

Hahaha, totally not serious really.

I'd be interested in fondling truly firm Elec. But the medium is just right for my taste. I know it's not "that great" or whatever, but I really like it.

My medium 150 class electron ions are holding their stability surprisingly well. Been driving and putting the hell out of them since release and even threw into teepad/ground etc. Not pretty but still no where near flippy or even what id call understable. Yeah its crazy to me that i like a 155g baseline ion. :eek:

I used to have a proton anode a few years ago. It was probably my favorite disc to throw because it held the exact line you threw it on and had good glide so it went far. Now there are all of these other plastics. I am wondering if proton is still the way to go for that glidey, durable straight flier anode or if other plastics are better?

You really cant go wrong as all the premium plastics share some properties which allow them to work together. You get some plasma/neutron/proton blends these days.

It comes down to flexibilty you want really. Neutron/proton being most firm while soft proton obviously has good flex and plasma sits right in the middle but looks so damn cool.

If i was going to revisit the anode it would be in plasma plastic. Just looks so sexy and flight is legit. You know its a newest mold too that way which MVP always seems to improve on.

Anodes are my lost MVP love with the proxy now out.

You really cant go wrong as all the premium plastics share some properties which allow them to work together. You get some plasma/neutron/proton blends these days.

It comes down to flexibilty you want really. Neutron/proton being most firm while soft proton obviously has good flex and plasma sits right in the middle but looks so damn cool.

If i was going to revisit the anode it would be in plasma plastic. Just looks so sexy and flight is legit. You know its a newest mold too that way which MVP always seems to improve on.

Anodes are my lost MVP love with the proxy now out.

I live in Florida so I prefer firm plastic and its really hot so firm helps usually. Is there a difference between the proxy and anode because they look to have the same flight ratings? For example, how would a plasma proxy compare to a proton anode?

Proxy is just faster and doesnt have the same core as the ion so its shallower. It has the feel of an envy without the fade. I use mine like a driver/mid off the tee and just mash it on those laser lines. Anode has the same flight but a little less forgiving and gets tossed around by wind a little more with deeper feel/added glide. It comes down to feel and use really. I dont putt well with atom/proxy/envy being shallower but like ions/anodes much more in that regard. When it comes to driving i mean hand me one IDC and ill rip it. All great throwing putters.

Proxy is just faster and doesnt have the same core as the ion so its shallower. It has the feel of an envy without the fade. I use mine like a driver/mid off the tee and just mash it on those laser lines. Anode has the same flight but a little less forgiving and gets tossed around by wind a little more with deeper feel/added glide. It comes down to feel and use really. I dont putt well with atom/proxy/envy being shallower but like ions/anodes much more in that regard. When it comes to driving i mean hand me one IDC and ill rip it. All great throwing putters.

OK, thanks for the help man.

I had reserved my first post to celebrate electron anodes... well, I got tired of waiting:doh:
I know it wouldn't be like the best thing ever, but still, it'd nice to have some baseline options for my favorite putter. Plasma will do for putting duty as long as the weather back here stays warm(ish) and dry. But yo, bros-o-Gyro, winter is coming and I neez dem water and snow proof putters:D

Besides, I'm interested to see whether a seasoned anode could kick tangent/theory out of my bag. I just don't seem to be able to abuse my premium anodes enough to get there :confused: Not love 'em tough enough..?:p

I told myself to pass the e ions and the spin though considered creating a beadles e ion like AIM:D So...

Electron anodes:popcorn:

PS. Make'em firm while you're at it:thmbup:

When Electron Anodes come out I'm gonna lobby for Soft and Firm being a simultaneous release. Of course I don't have any say and I don't make anything (thereby dealing with the realities of production) but it's a nice thing to imagine and suggest.