• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

I went through over a dozen putters my first year playing and it wasn't until I got my Neutron Anode that it just felt right. I'm a push putter and am now pretty confident inside 25-30.

Since I've gotten so good with my Anode I've tried some of my old putters and a number of them work well for me also but now I'm just used to the Anode and like the ways it feels and flies for me.

Honestly though I could putt with anything now but the Anode just feels right so I stick with it. It's all technique.

Pros are pros so they could probably do just as well with almost any disc. So many guys have switched teams and putters and the top guys are still mostly the top guys.

It's only taken me a year and a half of playing and about 75 discs purchased to finally believe it's not the disc.

There is no best disc. There's just the disc you like best.

I've been putting with Medium and G9i Wizards for several years and don't have any problems making putts. Funny that you talk about firmer putters being unforgiving yet almost all top pros (a large percentage) putt with firm putters. McBeth even had Innova make him a firm PnA because the DX they had weren't firm enough.

So what you are saying is harder plastic is great...as long as it isn't mvp. :confused:

I went through over a dozen putters my first year playing and it wasn't until I got my Neutron Anode that it just felt right. I'm a push putter and am now pretty confident inside 25-30.

Since I've gotten so good with my Anode I've tried some of my old putters and a number of them work well for me also but now I'm just used to the Anode and like the ways it feels and flies for me.

Honestly though I could putt with anything now but the Anode just feels right so I stick with it. It's all technique.

Pros are pros so they could probably do just as well with almost any disc. So many guys have switched teams and putters and the top guys are still mostly the top guys.

It's only taken me a year and a half of playing and about 75 discs purchased to finally believe it's not the disc.

But none of them switched to a premium plastic putter.

So what you are saying is harder plastic is great...just as long as it isn't mvp. :confused:

No. I'm saying firm baseline plastic makes for great putters. I've used premium plastic, including Ions, Wizards, and Aviars, and baseline is more consistent at finding the chains and staying in the basket for me.

Not that it matters, but the pros tend to agree with me since the large majority use firm baseline plastic putters. This includes the best pros on tour who had all last year to throw whatever they wanted, and they didn't all stick with the putters of their previous sponsors.

One afternoon with a baseline putter (just started experimenting with Jokeri Basics and DX aviars) shows all kinds of nicks and dents, even after a few dozen putts. The Anodes I used all summer show very little wear on the overmold. Grippy isn't what I'd call that plastic. The baseline stuff takes a hit, and it shows. The plastic gives.

hang on, I need to back up to this one for a second.

You've been playing DG for almost 14 years, and you've logged exactly one afternoon with baseline putters?

MVP's putters grab chains and go into baskets just as good as any other putter. I putt with Yeti's but i have all kinds of putters i use at home on my practice basket. I can bang down putts with any putter out there, it's all about good technique.

hang on, I need to back up to this one for a second.

You've been playing DG for almost 14 years, and you've logged exactly one afternoon with baseline putters?

no. he is saying he had some new baseline putters he tried for one afternoon.

Not that it matters, but the pros tend to agree with me since the large majority use firm baseline plastic putters. This includes the best pros on tour who had all last year to throw whatever they wanted, and they didn't all stick with the putters of their previous sponsors.

I would also argue that pros at every level are some of the most stubborn, superstitious headcases out there. Hell, they complain about the baskets more than we do. I'm not putting much stock in them not trying MVP because I wouldn't expect them to venture that far out of their comfort zone.

But none of them switched to a premium plastic putter.

Did you even read what I wrote or just cherry pick the one line.

You could give every pro a premium putter in their choice of firmness and you'd still have the same guys at the top. Premium, baseline, glow, super soft, whatever.

It's not the disc.

It's all marketing and variations to sell discs. People end up using what feels comfortable to them or gives them confidence.

It's like saying pros throw more premium plastic drivers than base plastic drivers so they're better. No, it's not better in terms of better disc golf scores or flight. It's just different.

If a pro who used DX drivers sudden started using Champion it would make or break his game. He's adjust for feel and stability and be just fine.

The Prodigy team was allowed to use a mixed bag this year. How many chose to throw MVP?

I've made this point before and I'll make it again:

MVP discs are highly visible. You can see one from a mile away. With Prodigy players even going so far as to disguise Innova or Discraft discs with Prodigy stamps, you can imagine they wouldn't want to use a disc that could not possibly be disguised with a stamp wipe or even restamping. I think that's a major factor, and I'd wager most Prodigy players didn't seriously consider throwing MVP for that reason alone.

MVP's putters grab chains and go into baskets just as good as any other putter. I putt with Yeti's but i have all kinds of putters i use at home on my practice basket. I can bang down putts with any putter out there, it's all about good technique.

Exactly.

The Yeti is my 2nd favorite putter after the Anode. I don't like the bead but I love the firmness and that sunken top is awesome.

Having said that. The Neutron Anode is the best putter out there. If you're not putting with one you're adding strokes to your game.

Seriously, there is hard science and facts behind MVP that can't be disputed. You could give a beginner an Anode and a Volt and they could beat most veteran players who use other discs. It's just hard for all the other companies to complete with the style and the Gyro of MVP.

My heart goes out to all you that aren't good enough players to understand or use MVP discs.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Latest posts