• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

While your question is legit there isn't much background to base it on.. Putters come in baseline plastic for the most part without any single mold being released to my knowledge excusivly in premium plastic. When pures were only in base all people wanted were opto's... same with requests for champ verisons of innova's popular molds and so on-- they must work for someone and some shots.

so... name me a popular putter only in premium plastic and exclusively used?

Ion is the only one I can think of so until there are not a ton of wannabe disc posers throwing what every other "champ" does its going to be what its going to be.

How many 1020 rated or higher are using current baseline putters not special blends or runs or mold etc? Doubt many. Hell McBeast HAS HIS OWN PUTTER and BLEND...

I think you've pretty much proved his point.

While your question is legit there isn't much background to base it on.. Putters come in baseline plastic for the most part without any single mold being released to my knowledge excusivly in premium plastic. When pures were only in base all people wanted were opto's... same with requests for champ verisons of innova's popular molds and so on-- they must work for someone and some shots.

Ion is the only one I can think of so until there are not a ton of wannabe disc posers throwing what every other "champ" does its going to be what its going to be.

How many 1020 rated or higher are using current baseline putters not special blends or runs or mold etc? Doubt many. Hell McBeast HAS HIS OWN PUTTER and BLEND...

Man, that is some politician-level talking around a question. :clap:

Im waiting on the name drop Aim. who, at the top level of our sport uses a premium plastic putter for putting.

No ones going to use a champion aviar to putt. But a soft proton ION is much different and every bit as durable.

missing the point in the MVP thread.

I disc with someone who uses a premium gold Aviar for putts and he putts just fine. Does well in tournaments too.

I agree base putters are better for putting though, in my opinion. Grip, feel, etc

the reason people wanted an Opto Pure is for off the tee. its the best driving putter IMO.

keep in mind, my generalizations are with respect to professionals. not internet guys.

Challengers- make em in every plastic (nobody uses the Z for putting)
Aviar- Most popular putter, available in sweet Champion. (nobody uses it for putting)
Wizard- also, super popular. (people putt with the base ones)
Magnet- Z is available. ( people putt with base)
Ringer (mj shout out) he has Z ringers. but putts with baseline

Prodigy Putters- they all throw the 400 or 700 or 846 blends, but putt with 300.

MVP- Oh, wait, no pro throws those discs.

It's not as cheap as you think. If you go by other manufacturers that produce both, there's less profit margin in baseline plastics than the premiums. I know Star has the highest margin of any of Innova's plastic lines.

totally agree its not cheap for manufactures at all (higher X outs also I hear with lower quality/softer blends) and why I don't think MVP gives a crap about it.

:thmbup:

I'm with Aim on the sentiment that MVP doesn't need to worry about base plastic. But I also hate to see people say that it isn't necessary at all because MVP is a high-end brand. There is always room to expand your customer base.

the reason people wanted an Opto Pure is for off the tee. its the best driving putter IMO.

keep in mind, my generalizations are with respect to professionals. not internet guys.

MVP- Oh, wait, no pro throws those discs.

There we go-- get nikko to throw an ION for a year and lets see how many chainouts or if his putting goes up or down etc..

Its just impossible to say b/c people go back to what they know and comfortable with which for most tourning pro will be a baseline version of some aviar or wizard-ish mold. If KC would have won multiple championships with a N. Ion then who knows what putters would dominate the scene.

:thmbup:

I'm with Aim on the sentiment that MVP doesn't need to worry about base plastic. But I also hate to see people say that it isn't necessary at all because MVP is a high-end brand. There is always room to expand your customer base.

They will probably be fine without it but they would get my money if there was a baseline ion

As far as MVP pros.

Watching the way Mike C plays, i can see him competing in the top 25 by next year. It all depends on the dedication though, he may not have any interest in traveling to majors or going on tour. He definitely has the potential though. Playing under pressure is a whole different feeling from casual rounds too.

Get this man an MVP distance driver!

Last edited:
There we go-- get nikko to throw an ION for a year and lets see how many chainouts or if his putting goes up or down etc..

Its just impossible to say b/c people go back to what they know and comfortable with which for most tourning pro will be a baseline version of some aviar or wizard-ish mold. If KC would have won multiple championships with a N. Ion then who knows what putters would dominate the scene.

if there was a baseline ion i bet more people would try it.

As far as MVP pros.

Watching the way Mike C plays, i can see him competing in the top 25 by next year. It all depends on the dedication though, he may not have any interest in traveling to majors or going on tour. He definitely has the potential though. Playing under pressure is a whole different feeling from casual rounds too.

My speculation meter just pegged out......

That's not exactly responding to your customers' demands......:\

new molds are the demand.

hell I went to buy a servo and there were none left and the other options for discs were bare-pickings. Reminds me of the days you had to go into GGGT just to find a latitude disc in a color/mold the week they arrived. Now its full of plastic like innovas area and the "recycled" line takes up half the other warehouse. Baseline for Latitude had to of cost them some $ to get right and ARE still messing with it'

new molds are also the demand.

It's obvious from these threads that there is demand for baseline offerings from MVP. Therefore, MVP's customers currently have an unmet demand for baseline discs. Those same customers, myself included, will turn to other manufacturers to satisfy our needs. Basic business principles tell you that MVP is missing out on this market.

Latest posts