• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP plastic breakdown

TCArchie

Neutron, Proton, Plasma, Fission
(I know I left out electron but mainly interested in these for drivers 6-12 speed)

Looking for a general breakdown about how the MVP discs flights differ in each plastic.

And specifically, amps and volts

Bagging mainly gyro stuff now (all neutron) and looking to get a few more variations.

Thanks!

Oh, and I'm a noodle arm if that matters.

MVPs website does a good job breaking down the plastic types.

Regarding flight (as a noodle arm) you wont see much difference at all in any of the plastic blends. Neutron/proton/plasma all tend to fly the same just depends on dome for some molds like volt. Lighter weights can be more understable at high power but i know a lot of players who like 150 class MVPs due to how well they perform at lower power and stay true to design in some molds across all weights. Tesla for example is OS no matter what weight plastic etc while Inertia tends to get less HSS the lighter you go but doesnt matter the plastic.

Domed plasma volts have a little high speed turn and softer fade. Light weight fissions fly like a volt but with more glide.

Its not like champ vs star kind of differences at all you will find with innova. All about mold shape vs plastic in my experience with hundreds of MVP discs. No real rhyme or reason outside of x or y run which is expected given all made at same time/same batch. A lot of MVP discs share cores too so you get the "same" disc with a unique wing depending on molds you bag.

http://mvpdiscsports.com/plastics/

Last edited:
Yeah I like how they all feel the same in my hand.

Thx for the info. Gonna order a few more from infinite....wanting to try new weights and plastics in the ones I throw a lot.

Latest posts