• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Reactor

Monocacy

CZ 4 lyfe
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Been tossing an MVP Neutron Reactor for a few rounds. Digging the disc so it seemed like it should have its own thread.

MVP rating: 5 5 -0.5 1.5
Weights:165 - 177g
Diameter: 21.4cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.5cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.1%
Rim Configuration: 44.50
Flexibility: 9.87kg

Rating seems accurate to me. At my less-than-awesome distance I can hit it hard with no worries about the disc flipping. Mild but reliable fade when thrown flat. Holds an anny nicely, panning out late with enough height. Sidearm grip feels nice, and it comes out cleanly. Just seems like a robust, versatile, nearly stable workhorse midrange that does what I expect it to do.

Reactor is probably going to make my bag, replacing the Truth / EMac Truth.

I will be interested to hear others' impressions of this disc.

Have 3.
Eclipse is very flat but very overstable. Close to max weight.
Blank Neutron 174 is more OS than a new Buzzz.
Stock stamp 169 Neutron is more biddable. Not enough throws to render a full verdict, but this one is the closest to what I'd hoped for.
I really like the feel and speed of this mold, it's the best MVP mid yet, imo. Really interested to try a Hex and compare/contrast the two.

. . . Stock stamp 169 Neutron is more biddable. Not enough throws to render a full verdict, but this one is the closest to what I'd hoped for.

"Biddable" is an excellent description, and 169 to 170 Neutron is what I have been throwing. I probably don't have enough throws to render a strong verdict either, but some discs just seem to click quickly.

I did not realize the different plastics and weights/stamps flew so differently. Thanks, that's good to know.

I really like the feel and speed of this mold, it's the best MVP mid yet, imo. Really interested to try a Hex and compare/contrast the two.

Yes, I am very interested to hear how the Hex flies.

The only reactor I have is a 176+ eclipse... Hey it's not for me, a lighter one would probably be decent.. The glow alone is worth throwing it at dusk, but at that weight? Overstable to finicky, usually starts fading too fast, it's generally 30ft + further than I think it would be, but then if I hit a headwind it flips faster than a envy and when I'm looking for the stability it's gone with the wind. Does go deceptively far even on a hyzer.

Conclusion is I'll keep trying it, if I trip on a lightweight one then maybe, holding out for a hex.... but I bought two eclipse 2.0 envy at 174g.

Grabbed an Elaine King Eclipse Reactor. Zero turn into 10mph headwind. I throw Buzzz and Trust around 300~325'. This disc is nearly a Verdict. There's a place in my bag for this, kinda.

I bag a heavy hex, low 170s neutron reactor and a heavy glow reactor.

Depending on the course I probably don't need one of the reactors, and have a pyro and deflector that I'll swap in or out.

Reactors are awesome discs, I throw the hex more bh and the reactor more fh. Yesterday tossed the glow reactor probably 30 feet long on a 290 foot hole from a standstill in a slight headwind.

In all honesty I feel more confident nutting up on a reactor than hex. I'm not saying the hex is flippy, it's not, but in the back of the mind I'm worried about a full send hex throw. I've got a couple buddies who are diehard buzzz throwers and have let them toss a hex and they all say it's beefier than they were expecting but still get buzzz type distance.

For me the reactor goes just as far as a hex, just slightly different line. They can definitely pair together, just gotta be mindful of weights to minimize overlap.

Glow bag duty for me as well, but I could see it kicking the M1 if I found a base version as well.

Glow bag duty for me as well, but I could see it kicking the M1 if I found a base version as well.

If you're available Saturday morning, maybe I can swing up to Deerfield for a round and you can throw one of mine in familiar conditions. Unless your M1 has straightened out a fair bit, I'm not sure that I would characterize it as similar.

If you're available Saturday morning, maybe I can swing up to Deerfield for a round and you can throw one of mine in familiar conditions. Unless your M1 has straightened out a fair bit, I'm not sure that I would characterize it as similar.

M1 is deeper for sure, but they are in general way less OS than the original intent. I will probably be around Deerfield or Etowah, send me a PM!

Grabbed an Elaine King Eclipse Reactor. Zero turn into 10mph headwind. I throw Buzzz and Trust around 300~325’. This disc is nearly a Verdict. There’s a place in my bag for this, kinda.

Im trying the same disc out as a verdict replacement. I like the hand feel better on the reactor and would say it has less glide but a tick more speed than a verdict. I would say the lucid verdict is slightly more overstable but the reactor has more of a dumpy finish. I also have a neutron reactor and it definitely has more turn and is closer to an emac.

Just picked up 2 eclipse and this seems to be the perfect midrange for me. Liking it so much I picked up a Neutron which I would imagine is a touch more understable. The eclipses are more overstable than I expected but I like that. They take full power FH and BH without flipping over. Even into a medium headwind. Dead straight with a reliable forward fade. They also do well on forced turnovers holding pretty well until straightening out or coming back a bit. Hoping the Neutron will flip a bit and maybe even turnover once seasoned a bit as well as holding lines better when powered down.

I don't really throw putters as I try to maintain as few molds as possible. So I it will depend on how well they perform on approach shots, something the Roc is great at.

Thinking about pairing these with the Runway which I have also liked quite a bit.

I've been looking for something to replace all my old Rocs as I don't play much anymore and can't really cycle effectively. Also, I have never managed to throw them FH effectively. Rocs have been in my bag for over a decade so this is saying a lot.

Eclipse reactor is a money disc. Got some bite at the end but also carries fairly well.

I bag it and a hex. Have a low 170s neutron reactor that I like but in reality doesn't get thrown a lot.

Reactor/Hex is a good combo for overstable-stable and stable-understable. I like to shape lines better with the hex but rely on the reactor for straight flights with consistent fade. Parked #2 at Cedar Hills yesterday with the reactor. I've played cedar hills my entire disc golf life and hole 2 has always been my favorite. slight left, flat for about 150-200 then sharp down hill to a flat landing zone about another 150. Over the course of my disc golf life I've iterated through multiple discs but the reactor is like a cheat code on that hole. I bag the pyro/reactor/hex but for a while I didn't have the reactor and that made life difficult in certain circumstances.

Thinking about trying out the Hex and grabbing an Eclipse Reactor to complement it. Is there any noticeable difference between Eclipse 2.0 and the Elaine King signature Stamp or do they fly the same?

This new batch of MVP/Axiom mid ranges are all just too good. I'd bag Pyro - Reactor - Hex - Uplink - Paradox if I could, but that just seems stupid.

I picked up a second hand Matrix during the week that appears unthrown and that's pretty good as well (bit like my Eclipse Reactor, but with a tiny bit of turn before the reliable fade).

Thinking about trying out the Hex and grabbing an Eclipse Reactor to complement it. Is there any noticeable difference between Eclipse 2.0 and the Elaine King signature Stamp or do they fly the same?

I think the eclipse discs should fly mostly the same. I really like the Reactor/Hex but when I was speaking with someone else they were saying CN and Neutron reactors were very different. So I have a CN reactor and Neutron Reactor arriving today or tomorrow to test that out. Some people have said the Neutron is almost Hex like in terms of stability. I'd be a little surprised if that was the case given the Reactor, Hex, Uplink, and Paradox were all designed side by side by MVP/Axiom

Latest posts