• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My 2011 Worlds Experience - some stories...

2011 Worlds photos

I hope you don't mind if I post some photos and talk a little about what an awesome time I had. I'm not much of a writer, I'm more of a photographer, but I'll try to share my thoughts.
This was the very first tournament I attended, except for my club's local yearly event. It was also the first time I really shot action disc golf photography, but I did shoot some photos before of players throwing while not in a tourney.
There were three strong impressions I was left with:
-The volunteers were amazing. These volunteers worked so hard for months and months, and were so professional at the event. When ever they needed to say something to me, they were very helpful and very polite. The 2011 worlds were one of the best sporting events I've ever been to.
-The players were class acts and clutch. I still can't believe how talented they are. These are true world class athletes. Their concentration and consistency was simply amazing. I can't forget the sound of the discs flying by me as I was shooting photos. I never knew a roller makes the hissing and whirling sound as it ripped by me.
-My heart was warmed to see such a strong disc golfer community. It appears that our love for the game draws us all together. The roar of the crowds gave me goosebumps even while I was shooting photos.
I could not imagine having a better time. Congratulations to all the players and volunteers, and to all the fans who came out! Here are a few photos I took.
p1025045545-3.jpg

p90508418-3.jpg

p660957544-3.jpg

p83629700-3.jpg

p4948959-3.jpg