• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Son's 13th Birthday Cake!

Its awesome that you guys went to such effort. Very creative! He'll remember that for the rest of his life.

sweet cake! you should turn it into a mini basket since youve already gone that far.

That's the plan. The basket was made so that when the cake was finally gone, all I needed to do was add a basket and close off the chains. I may switch the lower pole out for a steel one though.

Very impressed. I love it. I would like to know what was your son's reaction when he saw the cake?

Wow, now the ninja turtle cake I got when I was his age seems so inadequate now. :(

That cake is awesomesauce, will you be my dad?

That's really cool, both the cake itself and the fact that your kid is so into disc golf that he loved that cake! It makes it even better that now you have a mini basket to fool around with.

That's really cool, both the cake itself and the fact that your kid is so into disc golf that he loved that cake! It makes it even better that now you have a mini basket to fool around with.

That's exactly where I was going. It's awesome that he's into DG enough that he loved having a basket cake. I'm going to have to show this to my wife. I know want I want for my 43rd birthday in September! :)

Very cool, and nice job pulling it all together.

My son, who just turned 13, was an Innova Discatcher for Halloween last fall. His bar mitzvah's coming up in about six weeks, and for the lunch reception afterward I'm borrowing Mini Discatchers from several DG acquaintances to use as centerpieces on at least some of the tables, and just a couple of days ago got the shipment of Little Flyer minis with his name, the date, and a graphic of a kippah (yarmulke) flying toward a basket with "Mazel Tov" on the top band and a number plate on top with "13" on it.

how about kippahs made to look like discs? wouldn't be unheard of. my nephew had Yankee kippahs. only prob is you'd have a hard time keeping the boys from putting their yammies at the centerpieces.

Very cool. Hopefully you and your son got get a round in that day too...
DSCJNKY

how about kippahs made to look like discs? wouldn't be unheard of. my nephew had Yankee kippahs. only prob is you'd have a hard time keeping the boys from putting their yammies at the centerpieces.

Thought about it. With all the other stuff going on, I just wasn't ready to bite off the challenge of doing a design that would work on fabric and that wouldn't just leave the vast majority of guests completely baffled.

Here's how the minis turned out (ordered a mixed bag of different color discs and stamps -- just the one I had handy -- also, sorry about the crappy cell phone pic -- just too lazy to drag out the camera):

picture.php

SWEEEEET that is so cool! need to adopt another son?!

Nope -- already got two daughters with bat mitzvahs still pending -- one only two years away.

How's the disc golf around Hot Springs? I'm from Arkansas originally (first 22 years of my life, but been in Atlanta for 24 years now) -- will probably be heading back to Hot Springs for another family reunion in August. I keep saying I'm going to play some of the places around there (like Russellville, since my sister lives there) when I'm home visiting, but other stuff (family commitments, weather, etc.) always gets in the way.

Love it here for disc golf! Russellville is a GREAT course, hot springs as a good one as well! I moved down here from VT about two years ago. Arkadelphia is ok, muddy and really open, Jacksonville is muddy, really tight but ok if you like that (I like the tight shots!) Cabot is a fun 9 hole quick course. I really liked it there, you can do alot, play the game any way you want and get in 4 or 5 round in a day there! Searcy is muddy, open and kind of a let down, but its a course!

if you are looking to throw with some one pm me and we can set a date up!
chat soon
Squid

Latest posts