• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nashville DG.

Grippenripp

* Ace Member *
Planning a trip to nashville this summer trying to hit one or two of the local courses. Anyone have any info about the DG there?

I played Crockett, Seven Oaks and Cedar Hill when i was there. All fun courses. I would rank them Cedar, Seven Oaks then Crockett. That's all I got for you.

I played Crockett, Seven Oaks and Cedar Hill when i was there. All fun courses. I would rank them Cedar, Seven Oaks then Crockett. That's all I got for you.

Well that's plenty. Thanks man im going to check them out before I haed there.

I've played a few there.

GMcAtee once told me "Cedar Park, Seven Oaks, Cane Ridge and Sharp Springs. Pick any two of those and you'll have a great time"

I've played Cedar Park and Cane Ridge, and so far the story is holding up.

I've checked out most of the Nashville courses but everyone I've talked to says Oggwood should be on the "must play" list. Naval Hill is an underrated gem too.

Best of Nashville

Most memorable course I have played in Nashville is Cedar Hill, I just looked and out of the courses I have played, it is the highest rated at 4.17

I recommend playing 7-oaks, it has always been one of the most played courses in the area.

I also, if you have time, recommend playing Cedars of Lebanon for one reason, and one reason only. It is one of the oldest courses in the ground in it's original layout. I first played it almost 30 years ago.

There are some new courses I have not played yet, have not been able to make it up there in a few years.

Most memorable course I have played in Nashville is Cedar Hill, I just looked and out of the courses I have played, it is the highest rated at 4.17

I recommend playing 7-oaks, it has always been one of the most played courses in the area.

I also, if you have time, recommend playing Cedars of Lebanon for one reason, and one reason only. It is one of the oldest courses in the ground in it's original layout. I first played it almost 30 years ago.

There are some new courses I have not played yet, have not been able to make it up there in a few years.
Rhis is funny because I live in(well outside of now) a town called Lebanon in OH.

cedar hill is the old school gold standard (along i65) epic/manicured 21holes/elevation/ - weirdly empty unless leagues or tournament.

seven oaks is where all the $$$ action is (even on weekday mornings there can be 50people on the course) - near the airport/downtown. 21 holes.

cane ridge is new but already epic (woods/distance/elevation) and has two courses (advanced and beginner course) 36holes right there. - off the i24.

shelby/naval hill - is open fun/windy golf right downtown off of east nashville (where all the fun hipster bars/food is). - very close to nissan stadium

two rivers is in downtown right off of the Grand Ole Opry (also a big mall). open and fun.

oggwood is 50miles north. private course (no fee). its definitely worth the drive because its like one of those disc golf dream scenarios (own a huge lot of wooded farm land and make your own private course).

my personal favorite is sharp springs in smyrna (25min east from downtown nashville) it has water/woods/open/even some elevation.

the best part about the nashville dg scene is all the courses are within 20-30min drive from each other. there are numerous other courses i havent mentioned because there are so many even within the city limits.

because its so centralized the active tags for Music City Disc golf club were in the 300's last year and they had to separate it into AM and Pro tags this year to make league series days more manageable :eek:

it seems like Nashville is primed for a national tour or major soon (rumor is its happening soon.... )

you can have a lot of questions, like traffic/directions/players/leagues answered in the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NashvilleDiscGolfers/

I have played cedar, 7 oaks, Crockett, and Cane Advanced.

Cane advanced was awesome. I appreciated the hole design, good fair lines.

The other three were meh, with Crockett being the most meh. Oaks was very annoying due to layout, very hard to pathfind. Multiple pins on each hole with multiple sleeves, it was hard to know where to throw sometimes. Cedar gets a lot of love from locals but did not impress. How anyone can like Cedar more than Cane is beyond me. Crockett was completely forgettable.

If visiting again with limited I would hit up Cane and Oaks, but leave out Cedar, which requires an annoyingly long drive up the inexplicably choked highway.

How anyone can like Cedar more than Cane is beyond me.

Cedar Hill meh? You must be joking or are only playing high caliber courses or just don't like cedar trees which are awesomely unforgiving.

I know I'm not alone in stating this, Cedar Hill is a better all-around course than Cane Ridge. For those that I know in Huntsville and that have played both, Cedar Hill is a clear favorite. I'm not saying the Cane Ridge isn't a great course, cause it definitely is. There are a lot attributable similarities in the two courses. Both are beautiful courses but there are more camera worthy tee shots and Cedar Hill. Both equally challenging but Cedar Hill can ratchet this up with all the alternate pin placements. I'll also note that the moniker Advanced on Cane Ridge is very misleading. It's not, its intermediate level. The variety at Cedar Hill is also superior with the changing fairway widths are more elevation usage and availability. The island hole at Cane Ridge is gimmicky, I wish designers in general would stop using it. The only truly worthy island holes have water on all sides. Superior tees at Cedar Hill also.

The only thing that Cane Ridge has on Cedar Hill is new car smell.

Thanks also im looking for a guide if at alk possible. I'll check that group on FB but I'll throw it out here too. July 19-21.

Last edited:
Cedar Hill meh? You must be joking or are only playing high caliber courses or just don't like cedar trees which are awesomely unforgiving.

Yes I am in MN which I consider Mecca B after Charlotte. Cedar would fall somewhere around seventh best course in MN. Tastes may vary of course.

As for Cane being an intermediate level course, I found it more challenging than Cedar, which I considered easy. Cedar had two gimicky forehand holes, and my flick is awful, but outside of that not too challenging.

Not to pile on, but I have also passed through the area and played cedar hill, seven oaks. Both were great.

I've played several courses in Charlotte and Nashville. I'm a fan of elevation and less defined fairways. Cedar comes out on top by far over Charlotte. I was really shocked by how flat most of Charlotte's iconic courses wound up being. I enjoyed the trip, but after expanding my travel area, I'm not as excited to return as I once was. I'd rather spend a week at Ashe County and Sugaree honestly.

my picks would be sharp springs , followed by seven oaks .cain then cedars. Oggwood is worth the drive course is not the best, but the feel and experience is worth it.