• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Natural Beauties

zenbot

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I thought it would be cool to have a thread of good looking discs that haven't been altered. Just crazy stuff happened at the factory and out they came. I started collecting them and later found out there was a market for natural beauties as Marshall Street calls them or pretties as they say at Sylmar.

Last edited:
Here's a few of mine.

174 Star Beast, 175 Star Cro 1st run, 170 KC Pro Roc 12x.

Attachments

• P1080196 (Large).JPG
    P1080196 (Large).JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,086
  • P1080197 (Large).JPG
    P1080197 (Large).JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,100
  • P1080198 (Large).JPG
    P1080198 (Large).JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 986
that cro is awesome.
i have a star orc like these, but its dead leaf brown and terrible in the fall. Ill try to post a pic later.

Here a couple that I got recently.
The StarTL is a mint green color in the middle w/1" band of gray around the outside edge.

100_3928.jpg

The true color of the Skeeter doesn't show up in the pic, it is actually a bright green w/purple swirl type pattern in the center fading out toward the edge.

100_3926.jpg

Lightning Discs used to do a lot of swirl discs Here is an old one, an F-8-f Bearcat:
055-1.jpg

Here is another, an F-14 Tomcat:
052-1.jpg

The picture didn't come out so great. In person it looks nice.

This one is an early Gateway Sabre.
003-3-1.jpg

When GDS started making discs they didn't have a machine to hotstamp discs. The info was an ink stamp on the bottom.
004-3-1.jpg

An Innova Moray. I think I posted this somewhere on this site already.
005-2-1.jpg

Lightning Discs used to do a lot of swirl discs Here is an old one, an F-8-f Bearcat:
055-1.jpg
Ahh...Is this one that the n00bs would've bought but the plastic sucked, right?

It's possible that I learned something from your lectures.

This one is an early Gateway Sabre.
003-3-1.jpg

When GDS started making discs they didn't have a machine to hotstamp discs. The info was an ink stamp on the bottom.
004-3-1.jpg

I had a Sabre and a Blaze similar to this. The Sabre was grey with red and orange specks mixed in. The Blaze was also grey but it had red, white, orange, and black instead. They both looked verry sweet and had the same style bottom stamp that was drawn on with an ink pen. They were some sweet disc and I still wish I had them. They were ebayed for cash when I got hitched.

Here a couple that I got recently.
The StarTL is a mint green color in the middle w/1" band of gray around the outside edge.

100_3928.jpg

The true color of the Skeeter doesn't show up in the pic, it is actually a bright green w/purple swirl type pattern in the center fading out toward the edge.

100_3926.jpg

I like these. I wish my old TL and Skeeter looked that cool.

Looks like Three Putt just recently hit ACE MEMBER!, congrats!
(sorry, i know it isn't a thread about it, but just noticed your post count)

I like these. I wish my old TL and Skeeter looked that cool.

Thanks! I bought them from DGC, so I only had a vague idea of what they looked like. The Skeeter was suppose to be light green (which it was), but came in with the dark purple stamp and swirls, it looked good against the green. The TL, I actually called and asked what color it was because it was listed as "multiple". Still only had a vague idea, but was very pleased with it when it came in.

Actually, in person that disc looks suspiciously like the same colors you would find in a soiled baby diaper. It was in our office for years. I have no idea how long it was there becasue it was already there when I got hired. It was still in my inventory three or four years after the airplane stamps were OOP. I bought it to get it out of there. The # 2 Slice was a good-selling disc for me, and the baby-**** brown disc that never sold was messing up my inventory. My wife put it on ebay a couple of times, but it's still here.

I've given up getting rid of it. Maybe I should try throwing it. Good luck finding that thing!

This one is a little different:
009-3-2.jpg

No swirls in this one. They didn't get the mix right on this round of plastic and the resin just streaks across the flight plate. It's sorta cool, in a geeky disc golf sort of way.

BTW, this disc is a proto Apache from the first time GDS released a disc with that name.

055-1.jpg
This reminds me of a very long round I played with a guy that kept losing his camo dyed disc. I wanted to strangle him.