• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a disc

jdw80550

* Ace Member *
So here's the scenario. I'm going to our local disc store on Friday to pick-up some plastic. I already will be picking up an extra river and flow, and possibly picking up a riot as well. That being said I don't really need any more plastic, but I need more plastic. This got me thinking, "Whats something cool that I normally wouldn't try?" The store is the Wrightlife, http://www.wrightlife.com/site/store/dcs/B1/Disc_Golf and I wanting thoughts on what to try. Anything unusal or unique that I should pick up and try and why. Love some suggestions otherwise I will be wandering around the store for like an hour, before I grab something only to get home disappointed. Help me!

I see you are picking up some latitude stuff. I would recommend and opto XXX if you do not already own one. It is a great go to disc for getting out of trouble. It also is fun to use when attempting trick shots.

CHEERS - Koffee

vision to round out ur lat64... vision is very workable understable.. love it for long annies

Lat64 has 3 newer discs, Flow, Havoc and the Pain. I have the Flow and Its a fun disc (not my go to driver but fun to see it go and go). The Havoc is a new Max D driver that looks promising and the Pain is there stable Mid that they have been missing in their line up. If I had all the $$$ in the word, I would blow it all on discs!!!

Tried the XXX, alittle too much for me, went back to the Firebird.
Tried a Striker and liked it, but jacked up the dye on it an sent it away.
Tried a Vision and it never really hit the mark, I found that I could push my Fuse out far enought to cover most annys and my ESP (and now X) Nuke to cover really long annys.
Thanks for the comments would love keep them coming anything in anny plastic. Tried a rubber putter the other day, and it was actually a decent putter. This is what spurred my curiousity.

Try something for a different manufacturer just so you get a taste of all the different plastics and what they can do. I am trying to like the S-Line DD. It flies somewhere between a Wraith and a Destroyer.

Prerube your right about the trident, thats why I have one in my bag.

I haven't tried anything from Discmania, maybe that is a good suggestion, any discs in particular?

If you haven't tried discmania, get a P-PD, around 170 in weight. Best ten bucks you'll ever spend

Haven't tried a hornet in Z, threw the Ace Race ESP ones, they were nice but didn't out duel my Wasp/Drone combo.
I've really been digging my River lately, how does the PD compare?

The PD is like a faster teebird, very straight, with a decent fade at the end

Not that it is widely available but the C-PD is a glideless Predator wannabe. Waste of 17 dollars but made the lot I was selling it with more attractive.

I like the S line because of how close it is to Star plastic; great grip and durability.

If you really want to go out on a limb and try something, get a Daredevil Timberwolf. It is a dead straight fairway driver in a slightly flexible plastic that is not obnoxiously flexible.

I've also heard good things about Daredevil's Woodchuck, any expirence with that one?

Going back to the PD, is it similar to the Striker? If so which do you perfer and in which plastic?

Don't know anything about the Woodchuck, but the Daredevil Timberwolf is a rally good driver.

Good to know, I love too many options, just means that I have more things to try.
Here is a question, I've just started to really work on my Forehand, and yes I still suck at it, but is there a good FH disc that I should try? Right now I can get a really ugly FH out to about 225' if I'm lucky.

A Champ Teebird is an excellent forehand (and backhand) disc. When you start turning it over out past 325' try a Champ Firebird or Destroyer.