• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need driving analysis pt. 2

fasteddy8170

Par Member
Filmed this today. Took the opinions I got from my first posting a week ago and kind of went "back to basics." I filmed this with my phone so I don't have the ability to really view it while I'm out there. The sun is just too bright and washes the screen the out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA5FbH08SBY

But, now that I have watched it, my form looks a bit better. I notice that my arm is going back later in my run up and I am pulling much more low to high than I was. I even have some follow-through now. I'm trying to get my right leg to kick up at the end to make sure I'm getting the proper weight transfer.

On the other hand, it looks like my hips need to start moving a little earlier, before my shoulders start to turn. (Keep in mind, I'm only going at about 60 percent here. Just trying to get the form. Yes, I know, you hear the grunting. What can I say . . . I'm the Monica Seles of disc golf.) And I am trying to stay loose until the last second but it is messing up my grip a bit. Some of the discs come out fluttering. I also need some more "leg push" and I'm a little too upright.

Am I close on my assessments? If anybody has any insight, I am open to suggestions. I watched Dan Beto's lesson on YouTube where he starts from the hit and goes backwards. I liked it but I found most of the discs going straight into the ground like 60 feet out just taking them straight from my left pec. But, once I put that together with a bit of a run up and a reach back it all seemed to work out.

The discs I'm throwing are either mid-range or distance drivers. From a Roc up to a Valkyrie. A few 150's but mostly between 167 and 175. All DX's. Most of the discs were going pretty straight with some low speed fade at the end. Max. distance was like 220 but I'm not worried about that right now.

Your timing from your hips and shoulders looks funny to me. You're turning all at the same time, instead of "opening" with your hips.

There is a lot going on with your throw but only one thing really matters. You're at a point where you don't need to worry about anything but developing some snap. The right pec drill is designed to force you into using your wrist efficiently. Everything should be pretty relaxed for the whole throw until the very last second. That really is the timing you're looking to develop. Working on footwork and body positions isn't the right way to go.

Latest posts