• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need help messed up my MF TH-bird

FlipFlat

Birdie Member
I have a purple Metal Flake Thunderbird that looked nice but was hard to see. So I decided to color the underside of the flightplate with a red sharpie to make it brighter. It Looked terrible so I used acetone to wipe it off. Most of it wiped away but it's stained a light orange now. How can I make the disc a brighter color. What would happen if I dip dyed the whole disc would I still see the metal flake? Is it even possible to make a lighter purple disc brighter? Thanks in advance..

It was a gift from my girlfriend and she didn't think about the color being hard to see. It's a little too overstable for me unless I am throwing into a headwind. Always heard MF tend to be more stable and now I know it's true comparing it to my G*TH and 3x CH. TH. Just thought there was some hope to make it brighter.

Instead of a red sharpie on the underside of the flight plate, use a silver sharpie on the top, and draw some kind of nifty design. The silver and gold metallic sharpies are about the only way to brighten up an unfindable disc in a legal way.

Instead of a red sharpie on the underside of the flight plate, use a silver sharpie on the top, and draw some kind of nifty design. The silver and gold metallic sharpies are about the only way to brighten up an unfindable disc in a legal way.

Not sure how that will work. Purple and silver will look like my tween daughter's nail polish. Purple and gold will make people think you are a Vikings fan. :sick:

Throw it with reckless abandon, and when you lose it, tell your girl how much you loved it and how sad you were that you couldn't find it. She may buy you a new, brighter one...

Best advice so far...well, the best helpful advice.

Throw it with reckless abandon, and when you lose it, tell your girl how much you loved it and how sad you were that you couldn't find it. She may buy you a new, brighter one...

Sometimes the simplest advice is the most valuable. :thmbup: :hfive: :thmbup:

Latest posts