• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need help with a bag

ThomWest

So I'm either ordering the grip A series or the ergo 2 but I'm having tons of trouble deciding on which one to get. I carry 16 discs on average and sometimes 18. Any help on this or what people feel about these bags would be appreciated.

I have a ergo2 that I carry 19 discs in. 16 in the main and 3 in the putter pocket. My only complaints are the discs near the bottom are hard to pull out and the staps feel a little short/constrictive (I'm 6'0" 250lbs). Great bag otherwise but I'm probably going to sell it so I can get a Grip.

Can't say I've used an Ergo2, but I've tried out a couple others and I own a Ranger and Grip A-Series. I'm kind of a bag whore, and was super intrigued by the Ergo2.

That said, I do prefer the Grip over every other bag I've tried. The quiver pocket is pretty crucial for me, I love the ease of taking out my putters without having to take off my bag. Whereas with the Ranger, it's not as quick taking out and putting my putters back in. The putter location doesn't look as convenient to me on the Ergo2.

Another thing I really appreciate about the Grip is the fact that every slot/pocket-area on the front of the bag, whether intended or not, can hold at least a disc or two in it and fits as if it was meant for that purpose. Whereas the ranger has a huge storage area up top, it's obviously not specifically meant for discs and stuff is just flopping around in there. Doesn't seem to be a huge deal on the Ergo2 though, as all the front space is utilized in the vertical disc storage.

Another thing is aesthetics, branding aside, the Grip-style look looks the most like an actual backpack to me and the least visually obtrusive.

All that said, I honestly really dig the way the Ergo2 looks and honestly might still cop one even with how happy I am with the Grip...

Basically this post probably helped none...

How much extra stuff besides discs do you want to bring? Grip will hold more, but Ergo is lighter. Search for a thread titled "stuff I can fit in my ergo" to get an idea of non-disc capacity.

You simply can't go wrong with a grip. Only thing I don't like about them is they come out with newer, better looking stuff right after you just dropped some money for one of their bags ;) I kid, I kid..........but seriously.....my wallet hates it

If you don't carry a lot of stuff outside of your discs and the basics the Grip C14 is great. I am really enjoying mine. 14 in the main and 2 in the putter pocket, maybe 3 if you leave it all the way down.
Golden Retriever, flashlight, extra microfiber towel, birdie bag, knife and a few other small things. No extra clothes or anything like that.

It's light on the back and feels nimble. Everything I need and nothing I don't.