• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Need help with Innova XD+ replacement

BigRemy

I'm still only a year and a half in of playing very causally, so please forgive any ignorance I might have...

Early on I found a pretty good disc golf shop with a lot of variety. I found a DX XD+ there, bought it and it quickly became my driving putter for short holes.

My problem is that I have all these DX XD's that keep hitting trees and warping to the point they're unusable for me. I went looking a couple months back for a XD in a more durable plastic, and I found the Champion version. Well after about six months of hunting, I found two champion and I just lost one. So now it's time to retire them because they're becoming too much trouble.

So here's my question, what's a good replacement? I'm open to using any companies discs, I just don't like and can't throw any beaded putters. I do have a couple Aviars that I'm ready to field test, but any other suggestions for beadless driving putters are very welcome. Thanks!

Try the INNOVA Colt. It is available in DX, XT and Star plastic. It is very similar to the XD and Classic Roc.

I did try the Colt, my buddy is a gun guy so I thought it would be cool to get him a few with the cool DX stamp. Well it has a bead on the bottom so it's automatically a no go since I have trouble with beaded putters. I'm more looking for something without the bead, like an Aviar or a XD.

I was going to say the Colt, especially the Star Colt, but I read the thread and saw you don't like beads. I could say to work with it and get used to the bead, but instead I'll suggest a Prodigy PA4 putter in premium 400 or 700 plastic. Very shallow grip (which I like), no bead, good straight flight. Another idea in this arena would be the Axiom Proxy or MVP Atom, also putters about the same speed as XD and Colt, shallow grip, no bead.

But seriously, the Star Colt's bead is very small and almost unnoticeable to me... but I don't have issues with beads that others might. YMMV and I hope you find something that works for you.

Yikun Wings is a great replacement.

Prodigy PA4 in 400 or 750 plastic. No bead and dead straight flight. I bag a 350g PA4 for long putts and a 750 for short drives. The 750 is an absolute treasure for working the wooded courses.

I have only thrown these discs a handful of times, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt, but I think the Dart would fly similar to an XD.

Pa4, magic, pure in that order.

Would have said colt if you didn't already rule it out

Check out a Shaman, its a thinner, flatter, Magic, look for some premium plastic ones, they should give you a good XD like flight, the baseline ones will give you a stiff dx/kc durability before they become good understable flyers.

I have star XD's (Ontario) but they're mega rare OOP so I wouldn't recommend buying it while you're still in the losing stage. Maybe check back with me when you're only losing distance drivers on rare occasion anyway.

Just please don't by a recycled pure. You won't be doing that mold justice. ANY other plastic should suffice.

Latest posts