• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Neep help with this, please.

I agree......learn the hyzer.....or learn at good rhfh roller. Judging by the pic though it looks like a righty hyzer all day. Try something less stable if you're not quite getting there. I know people have already suggested it, but looking at where I think the basket is I'm thinking roc........maybe a teebird. IMO

Where is this at btw? looks familiar

I agree......learn the hyzer.....or learn at good rhfh roller. Judging by the pic though it looks like a righty hyzer all day. Try something less stable if you're not quite getting there. I know people have already suggested it, but looking at where I think the basket is I'm thinking roc........maybe a teebird. IMO

Where is this at btw? looks familiar

Anna page park Rockford illinois

Have you ever thought of throwing a big flex shot with something really overstable? The flex should give you the added distance your looking for and as long as you can get it to keep forward momentum you should also get a nice skip too. Something like a Firebird, or if you like the feel of the west side discs then give the king a try. I love my XXX for big flex shots but it is kind of a slower disc.
Hope I am imagining the shot correctly.... :)

Have you ever thought of throwing a big flex shot with something really overstable? The flex should give you the added distance your looking for and as long as you can get it to keep forward momentum you should also get a nice skip too. Something like a Firebird, or if you like the feel of the west side discs then give the king a try. I love my XXX for big flex shots but it is kind of a slower disc.

The Whippet is really good for this as well. Innova Factory Store is selling Pro Whippets right now as well. I just got mine in the mail a week ago. Love that disc. Its perfect for nice skip shots as well.

If its disc thing, I would look for something that gets up high quickly. I found that a C PD gets in the air quickly and should be stable enough to hyzer towards the pin.
Realistically you should be able to throw most discs your comfortable with at this hole in no time. Good luck.

Overstable discs won't be have the right to left movement that a true hyzer will have. One of the most common mistakes I see AMs making is using their overstable discs to throw hyzers with. They will always complain that they can't get their hyzers to fly far enough to the left. 9 times out of 10 its because they are throwing a stall or hyzer with a Firebird, or XXX, or the like. The easy solution is throwing a stable to slightly understable disc on a true hyzer line. Slower discs like Teebirds will hold the line better than fast discs like Destroyers or Nukes, too. As soon as those warp speed drivers start slowing down, they just want to smash into the ground. Slow drivers keep penetrating forward and left.

The only firebird I'd use on that hole is my worn star firebird. It's more like a star teebird.

I have been practicing this same shot.... what has helped for me is learning to throw the spike hyzer uphill. Then.... you have to make sure to get the nose down or else you will stall out crazy fast.

I'm no expert.... but have you tried to flip something up high like a dx valk or something else that is understable. That would be what I would go for.....

or maybe throw a fh anny with like a teebird or saint (something that isn't going to fight to flex back)

I would throw my Hornet here with a slight hyzer. The glide alone on my Hornet would carry it's self all the way down there.

Latest posts