• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Basket

StokedNBroke

Bogey Member
I bought this stellar basket about a week ago & everyday I am out there putting on it....I love it. I want to put some inner chains on it...I am thinking 9 chains inside with a slightly higher gauge than the outer chains. I went to home depot to price check some chains & I realized I will also need the metal ring the chains attach to. Anyone know either what I would call it when talking to a HD employee or where I can find one?
f9e931ed1164b567b3495a24b936ceca.jpg
18c31eac87d0a337dc65b1ea5aa445e7.jpg

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Well, first off, is there room on the existing ring to simply add the new chains to it? That was what I was able to do with my Innova Discatcher Sport. I added 9 rows to the existing 18 and there was plenty of room to spare, just added one to every other existing row of chains.

However, if you really need another ring, you could ask for a snap ring. It is hinged on one side and has hooks on the other side that just snap together. Please give us pictures when you get it done.:)

You can also use a hose clamp for this... although you won't get any sort of "Ching" sound out of it.

I saw at local Steamboat Park Pierre (Pier) South Dakota for some Lighting DB-5 baskets before they got some old basket Mach III tops was that the club used S hooks for the inner ring set for all but a hose clamp as A$$ had tightened the hose clamp up on the test basket. Not what the city did but I would use the small wire style S hook for the top to keep those chains crimped on the basket in place so the chains do not move.

Latest posts