• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Brands

Do you know if anyone has any plans to do anything with ABC since Dan passed away?

i have seen some flying squirrels come out of the Zing factory and actually got a $$$ putter directly from Craig at Zing(our club has held club meetings at the shop) I don't know the answer to your question but he has been working on fine tuning the process. i know he posted on some form of social media a while back about ABC but i can't remember the details.

I know some things about many of these could be helpful;

Above Ground Level- mainly the old element discs molds with a few new ones added, all molded by Gateway as far as I can tell.
Aqua Flight- owned by Sun King, molded by gateway. All light weight to float.
Birdie Disc Golf Supply- new company just one mold so far
Cheengz- from GA, mainly catch/dog looking discs in heavier weights.
Crosslap-German company went slide the for a while but is now back at it.
Disctroyer-from Estonia, pretty good quality I've tried their Skylark mid. It smells like silly putty but throws well.
Divergent Discs- from the Philippines, targeted to new and lower powered players.their silicone Alpas putter is interesting.
Elevation-compression molded rubber discs, WAY floppier than vibram
Finish Line Discs- Drew Gibson's new venture
Fourth Circle Discs- from Australia, I think Innova molds them though
Full Turn- I think they have shut down but had a couple of cool molds
Galaxy- from China, quality is decent.
Guru- from Norway I think, mainly aimed at new players
Kaufinator- Legacy discs with coffins on them. I think you get a prize if you ace with them and can prove it.
Launch- from the UK and they have awesome glow plastic rhatton is involved.
Lone Star- my sponsor! Making high quality discs in Houston, they do other injection molding and got into DG a couple of years ago. Pretty strong growing lineup.
Nite Ize- discs with lights built in, I don't think they have ran any in a few years.
Sky Quest- makes a few interesting discs, but I think they might be shut down.
Storm- another one molded by gateway.
XCom- Chinese manufacturer aiming at newer and low powered players

This is a great summary.

Crosslap actually started over ten years ago with two discs (the Credo, very overstable putter, and the Lucky, pretty understable mid). I actually worked towards expanding their presence in the US in 2013-2014, but it was tricky then because they only had two discs.
I got them into a couple stores, but it sort of fizzled out. Now, they have several more (Shadowplay, understable putter, Vigil, understable driver, and Openwater, stable driver) and are building up their presence again in the US. Crosslap is also the #1 online disc golf store in Germany and is heavily involved in supporting the German disc golf scene, whether that's supporting the tour, sponsoring players, or designing and installing courses. They got into carts a couple years ago and the Cubus has been pretty successful. It's likely the highest quality cart on the market but doesn't have that strong of a presence outside of Europe.

156111892-origpic-e6b1de.jpg

Vigil_Advanced_New-Cover_00.jpg

Here's a link to their Marshall Street site

Are you insinuating I'm a TSA fan or something because I posted in a TSA thread asking about why they are so expensive?

Sorry I insulted one of your favorite brand's crappy names pal :D

Who are you? Why do I give a **** about your opinion on Thought Space Athletics? I quoted you because I agree with you that by and large most new company names are fairly lame. Although, to be fair, when I started playing I thought Innova Discs was associated with the company that made Innova dog food back in the day, so it's not like their name is brilliant either...

Who are you? Why do I give a **** about your opinion on Thought Space Athletics? I quoted you because I agree with you that by and large most new company names are fairly lame. Although, to be fair, when I started playing I thought Innova Discs was associated with the company that made Innova dog food back in the day, so it's not like their name is brilliant either...

Your first reply in no way insinuates you agreed with me lol.

You literally brought up TSA discs out of nowhere unless you were stalking my posts and saw me post in that TSA thread, why would you even say that? But either way, I think you need to calm down, little man.

i have seen some flying squirrels come out of the Zing factory and actually got a $$$ putter directly from Craig at Zing(our club has held club meetings at the shop) I don't know the answer to your question but he has been working on fine tuning the process. i know he posted on some form of social media a while back about ABC but i can't remember the details.

I would love a new run of Flying Squirrels.

Do you know if anyone has any plans to do anything with ABC since Dan passed away?

I would love a new run of Flying Squirrels.

Spoke with the owner of Zing for a bit at our Ice Bowl yesterday. Craig dropped by during lunch to donate some Minis to the participants & some cash to the food bank fund.

Zing is planning on doing a couple runs of Flying Squirrels pretty soon. He's got the plastic in and will possibly do two different blends. Expect to see them on Infinite.

Sounded like most new runs of ABC molds from Zing go straight to Infinite Discs, and Infinite might be the party requesting/supplying the demand for any new runs of ABC. Craig sends a royalty/commission check to Dan's widow for any new sales, but I'm not sure how much Pastore's family are involved in getting more ABC discs made beyond that.

Hope I didn't misrepresent anything Craig said.

Anyone have any experience with the Xcom Bennu? Looking around at different US putter options and this one caught my eye for some reason