• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in Gibsonville NC

chainmonkey

Par Member
I have heard from an associate of mine that there is a 42 hole course in the plans for Gibsonville. A 6 hole beginner loop an 18 hole recreation course and an 18 hole Championship course. It is my understanding that construction is suppose to begin fairly soon.

chainmonkey, would you happen to know whereabouts in Gibsonville this course is supposed to be? I'm just glad to see Guilford County getting another course. Hopefully this and the Stokesdale course will jumpstart things a bit.

Please give more info on the stokesdale course.

From what I understand the Stokesdale course in already listed in DGCR and it is only 9 holes. I do not know if this is the one you are talking about but it is the only one in or planned for Stokesdale I know of. It is located in Stokesdale Community Park. hycard and whowan have played it, but they did not review it. It appears that the course is mostly open from the photos it is not the kind of course I would drive to, to play.

Last edited:
I emailed the park supervisor for Northeast Park and this is his reply to my inquiry about the DG course
Thank you for your interest in our disc golf course. As of today, we have a 6 hole "warm up" course that is already in the ground. This course is intended for seniors and children. We also have an 18 hole recreation course that is in the process of being installed. The baskets are in the ground but no tee pads have been poured as of yet. Signage will be completed in the next few weeks. We anticipate pouring concrete pads as funds become available. In total, we expect to have the course totally complete (with the exception of concrete pads) in the next few weeks. Please come on out to the park and walk/play the 18 we have in and give us some feedback. Feel free to email me or come by the office and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Todd Moore CPRP, CPO
Park Supervisor
Northeast Park
Gibsonville Parks & Recreation Dept.
3421 Northeast Park Dr.
Gibsonville, NC 27249
www.northeastpark.info
Office: 375-7722 ext. 103

So come guys lets get out there and sling some plastic

This course will probably be swamped by college kids from Elon. I hope it doesn't end up like Kentwood.

Played the course yesterday with King Griplock, and I "think" I played all the holes correctly. It's a hot mess right now, the tees if you can find them are just blue flags in the ground or spray paint if you're lucky. It's essentially a very Anderson Park/Southern Community Park-esque wooded front 9 and a largely wide open, Richlands-esque back 9. Right now it looks slightly better than baskets randomly placed in the woods and a poorly mowed field. :| This course needs some people to get in there and go to work on those fairways. I'm available if anybody needs me.

I went out today and cleared some of the fairways on the front nine (the wooded part). Although still rough in some parts, the course is definitely playable now. There are tee signs complete with distance and hole layout on each hole. Also, some of the tall grass has been cut in the open area of the course.

Navigation is still a witch though (especially between holes 2-6). Bring a spotter, also. It's easy to lose a disc in the "mini-Renny" section. All this aside, the course is shaping up nicely. There are some fun holes out here. Kudos to the people that have been working on this thing. It just needs that foot traffic now.

Northeast is a great, beautiful park all around. It has good amenities and stuff to do for the entire family (It will even have a putt-putt course, but it is still a ways from being complete.)

I can't wait to see what the championship course will look like.:)

Could someone please add the course to the directory (to increase the foot traffic) and maybe provide some guidance for those of us who haven't been out yet? It would be greatly appreciated!

Could someone please add the course to the directory (to increase the foot traffic) and maybe provide some guidance for those of us who haven't been out yet? It would be greatly appreciated!

My bro rode out there yesterday to write down all the hole distances. He should be putting it on the site this weekend. I'll yell at him. ;)

Latest posts