• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in plano texas?

This may be Bill Allen Memorial in The Colony. They are currently in progress expanding the course from a 9 hole to 18 holes. The park is very near 121 & Legacy.

ccdiscgolf, what do you mean semi private? i play up at the alex clark all the time. maybe you need to get me in this semi private course. :)

thanks for the info.

It is on private land. Frito Lay headquarters. Employees and guests only. No trespassing. So far it seems like the guards that patrol the area are ok with people playing it. I've heard reports of the Shawnee locals dragging coolers around drinking, smoking and not wearing shirts. No trash cans so if people start to litter and disrespect the property. Things like that will cause the guards to start running people off. It has been a secret for a few months now, probably would have been better to keep it that way.

Why keep it a secret?

cause a lot of people can't respect when a nice thing has been given to them. It will get trashed. They will start kicking people off, when that doesn't work they will either pull the course or call the police to issue trespassing tickets. The more people who play it, the more likely that someone will screw it up for everyone else.

Was that your towel I left for you? It was sitting on 9's tee. Figured it was one of yours.

cause a lot of people can't respect when a nice thing has been given to them. It will get trashed. They will start kicking people off, when that doesn't work they will either pull the course or call the police to issue trespassing tickets. The more people who play it, the more likely that someone will screw it up for everyone else.

Was that your towel I left for you? It was sitting on 9's tee. Figured it was one of yours.

See Taylor Lake Village for an example of this.

Wouldn't anyone that showed up to play be a guest? :\

lol, I guess so. I read it as employees and invited employee guests. The signs can be seen on the border of the property, facing the next property over. They also have, no fishing or hunting, trespassers will be prosecuted, signs up. I guess I was "hunting baskets" and my wife did a little "fishing for discs" when her drive hit an early tree and ended up in the creek. I wouldn't think the company wants the liability of having the general public use its private land.
All that aside, it is a very fun course. It brought back some memories of going to Frito Lay company picnics when I was very young and they employed my father.

aww yes, i had heard about this a few months ago, this was obviously the course Roc was talking about...man this is like 5 minutes from my place

i guess if people are going to screw things up for the rest of us then we need that thing they used in Men in Black...then POOOOF! "Everyone forget it. dont remember what we were talking about. There is not course in plano with Frito Lay."

we need to delete this post.

ill be playing there asap.

I can't believe I'm the first to point out the irony of disc golfers playing on a course at the Frito Lay factory. :popcorn::D

so can you just drive right in and park or so you have to pass a "guard shack" and then tell the guy you are there to play DG?
i assume the weekends would be the best time to play this course, due to the fact that most of those workers are M-F? I'm not sure....but i don't want to be the guy that grip-locks a drive only to hit people on lunch break during the week

Is Tami Hart involved with the course at all? When I met her in '86 she was working in this area with Frito Lay, then moved to the Dallas area. She has lots of experience with getting courses installed, and a very talented overall Frisbee player as well.