• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in ZIMMERMAN, MN?

Mblack4

I just heard there will be an 18 hole DGC opening in Zimmerman, MN later this month. Haven't been able to find any info about this online, other than a confirmation that it is being worked on.

Anyone else heard about this?

According to the City Council Minutes, they bought 18 DISCatcher Permanent Frisbee Golf Targets last October with the intent of opening a course in City Park sometime in 2014.

Apparently, it was designed by a Park Board member and the City's engineering firm.

This is awesome news. Currently I am teaching in Mille Lacs and live in Maple Grove. My options for good courses on the way home are rather limited. We have so few big courses on the west side of the Twin Cities.

Fingers crossed, but I interviewed for a position in Milaca last week and I am hopeful that I will get it. If so, I will be 30-35 minutes closer to home, and more importantly will still be driving this stretch of road that this course could be near.

This is definitely good news.

This is awesome news. Currently I am teaching in Mille Lacs and live in Maple Grove. My options for good courses on the way home are rather limited. We have so few big courses on the west side of the Twin Cities.

Fingers crossed, but I interviewed for a position in Milaca last week and I am hopeful that I will get it. If so, I will be 30-35 minutes closer to home, and more importantly will still be driving this stretch of road that this course could be near.

This is definitely good news.

I was really excited too. I live in Elk River, right across from Lions Park -- which is more of a 9 hole practice course honestly. Really hoping for a nice wooded course with good upkeep!

ill be going to school up at cloud soon and will be excited to make the trek out there

I was really excited too. I live in Elk River, right across from Lions Park -- which is more of a 9 hole practice course honestly. Really hoping for a nice wooded course with good upkeep!

I lost a GStar Destroyer there on Monday. I am in the process of altering my driving technique and it was working for a while as I overshot Holes 8 and 9, but when I walked up to long 1, I suddenly developed the tendency to release low. I skipped across most of the water but still sank about 15-20 feet from the opposite shore. I recovered a DX Archangel that I thought was my disc, but unfortunately was not. I walked away.

I am not a big fan of that course, especially the unnecessary risks on Holes 1 and 2. Yet, a poor course is better than no course at all.

I lost a GStar Destroyer there on Monday. I am in the process of altering my driving technique and it was working for a while as I overshot Holes 8 and 9, but when I walked up to long 1, I suddenly developed the tendency to release low. I skipped across most of the water but still sank about 15-20 feet from the opposite shore. I recovered a DX Archangel that I thought was my disc, but unfortunately was not. I walked away.

I am not a big fan of that course, especially the unnecessary risks on Holes 1 and 2. Yet, a poor course is better than no course at all.

yeah i played it once and it has no replay value to me at all. 7-9 is a boring finish to the course. the putter shot over the water is ok

Just heard that they offered my teaching position to someone else. That has me greatly bummed and I am not going to waste your internet time explaining why I was so qualified for this position. So, honestly I do not care as much about Zimmerman because next in line for consideration are teaching positions in Maple Grove and Champlin, which are closer to where I live anyway.

*cough* Hansen ;) Dang cones...

Gotta give you props on at least spelling it right. Many regular players when they take pictures and post them on Facebook, still to this day post them as Hanson Park lol. Curious what this course will be as I still have not made my way up 169 to play milaca and have heard rave reviews.

Gotta give you props on at least spelling it right. Many regular players when they take pictures and post them on Facebook, still to this day post them as Hanson Park lol. Curious what this course will be as I still have not made my way up 169 to play milaca and have heard rave reviews.

I do not know what kind of raving you have heard, but Milaca is not worth a trip alone. Unless they have made massive changes in the last year, it is simply a 9 hole course with dual pads to pass it off as 18. The first few holes are decent, considering the land they have, but the two water holes that cross the river are almost unplayable. The first time over you need to cross the river and hope the wall of trees do not swat you back. The basket is 30 feet from the river, so the chances of hitting trees are quick high. Coming back over the river you have to throw over a dam if you want any chance of getting a birdie. There are often people sitting or fishing on the dam, making it a very risky shot that you might hit someone. There is a long hole near the end which you have to throw over a parking lot. Generally there are no cars in this dirt lot, but it only takes one car to make you nervous. The last hole is a marquee-level difficult hole, challenging you, making you forget about the other holes.

Springvale in Cambridge is a far better alternative to Milaca. 12 holes that will only get better as it gets beaten down. I especially like Hole 1 and the ravine you have to throw over.

Any more news on this? I'm dying to try out a new course.

This little 9 hole course near me had two baskets stolen. #7 and #9. It's not a great course but it's close and fun to rip around with mids and putters. Dang thieves should have discs thrown at them by Simon Lizotte.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3217

I haven't played there yet this year. That sucks that someone is stealing baskets from a church course. Idiots.

I haven't played there yet this year. That sucks that someone is stealing baskets from a church course. Idiots.

meh its a church. tax exempt. almost sounds like there a business right? they can afford a new one im sure.

but stealing baskets isnt cool. i dont want it to turn into a ham lake situation.