• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] New CT(Crazy Tough) Challenger

They say Crazy Tough, but we all know what CT really means...

Glad to see these back, but it's sad that it took Discraft so long to run them again.

Awhile ago, discraft ran a special run of challengers for Cam Todd (CT), they were really stiff and then they went OOP and now the Cam Todd challengers reach a pretty penny when they sell because they are a sought after run

I really was looking forward to picking up a couple of these, but $23 is WAY too expensive considering I paid less than that for Ti Zones. Either Discraft is overvaluing, or the Ledgestone is really looking to add a lot of cash to the event from these.

I already use his other Sig putter for much cheaper.

Looks cool though.

Are Cam Feldburg and EMac the only pros with Sig discs from two companies?

If you count SE runs...

McBeth - Innova and Discmania (P2s)
Juliana Korver - Discraft and Innova
Paige Pierce - Discraft and Prodigy
Avery - Innova and Discmania (PDs)

I also imagine MVP will be giving Sandstrom something to go with his Valks.

I'm going to have to try these if they release them as regular stock.

Always thought challengers were a good mix of a Big Bead Aviar shape, with a small bead.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to bite for 23 plus shipping but if they ever release non ledgestone ones I'm on it.

I think the wording on these is hilarious.
1) "Crazy Tough" as a dig on Innova's XT (Xtra Tough) plastic...these CT Challengers will likely be stiffer
2) Shortened to CT, it alludes to the most sought after Challys..Cam Todd sigs

Well done, Discraft. Well done.

I'd buy a CT Magnet.

For $26?? Ledgestone dropped the ball here, just playing the collectors market. If they were $14 people would be buying stacks and using them. Now, they'll be a disc people buy 2 and they'll sit on walls or in boxes. Original CT are sought after because there are many guys using them on the course, not just because they have a cool stamp.

Summer bump:

Has anyone actually thrown or used these? I recently bought a couple McPro Aviars and like them a lot except that they get dinged up pretty easily (though not as bad a Pro D). I'm guessing that's one reason why McBeth cycles through his putters so fast. Discraft might be able to convince me to buy a couple of these if I hear good things... Are they as "crazy tough" as advertised? Would they last significantly longer than McPro plastic? I've always like the Challenger mold; how do these compare to past runs?

Yeah, I think that's what's stopped all of us. I can't even find someone who's bought one though. As quickly as the McBeast Aviars get beat up, though, paying $20 for a CT challenger might be more cost-effective than $14 for the McPro that doesn't last as long...

With Cam being a friend mine Im really not to stoked about this. ITs a play off his name and its not even the original mold. Ive used real CT's for years now and yeah they are hard to find but they ARE out there. IF you like them people take notice and will usually come off of one if you really need it.

History lesson: There are two runs of the original Cam Todd Challengers. The 1st is the "National Tour" run. Identical looking stamp to the Ledgestones just different wording. 2nd runs are the "Signature" run. Just Cam's sig off-center. Now there is the Legestone CT run.
1st runs are the softest (relatively speaking) then Ledgestones,;and sigs are the hardest.
I'm not sure of the current market, but 1st and 2nd runs were going for over $50 easily. $23 for a new one is a deal! I got 4.
If you watch most pros, they use hard, stiff putters as they are more consistent in feel/flex in all types of weather.

Latest posts