• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New disc

cody420

I am currently thinking about getting a new driver. I have been playing for almost 2 years but only been serious the last month or two. I use eather my nuke or buzz to drive with depending on the distance. I would like to get something a little more stable than a nuke and flys farther than a buzz. I was thinking about a stalker. Should I get a stalker or is there another disc you would sugest me getting?

I throw Buzzzes and I used to throw Nukes (Destroyers now) and I find the Discmania PD fits perfectly between. Just like you said, a little more stable than the Nuke and longer than the Buzzz. I recommend one in the S (star) plastic. The Stalker is not more stable than the Nuke.

If you've never owned one, give a DX TeeBird a try. Get it maybe 5-6 grams lighter than your Nuke. Not the most versatile disc around, but DX TeeBirds are cheap and they fly like a dream. Straight, long, and controllable. Very dependable. Highly recommended.

That's a massive gap you're trying to fill with one disc. My vote is either Eagle-X or the SPD like Discspeed suggested.

You cannot go wrong with a Stalker, one of my favorite discs. The Nuke is a lot of disc and I would also suggest a Surge or Surge SS.

Stalker is a great disc, verry straight and dependable. I would also try a star valk. I first started with a valk, then went to Destroyers, but realized that my form was not correct and went back to the valks. It is a great turnover disc, you can throw big looping turnovers, or very straight hyzer flips.

There's a lot of things that fit in that huge hole you've left: Surge, Avenger, Wraith, Teebird, Eagle, PD...just to name a FEW.

If any of those float your boat, give it a try.

I might recommend a 150 class wraith or avenger.

\/\/

Those discs are very different, how far do you throw each. I carry a buzzz as main mid range. I have a nuke but often can keep my star wraith more accurate with little distance lost. My go to straight leas distance is my z stalker. I switched from and xl as stalker feels better in my hand. Heard good things are a tl and that is maybe where I would go of my stalker starter lettinge down.
Good luck

DX Wraith, Champ or Star Beast, ESP Surge, E* TeeBird...

all good controllable and dependable drivers. Just depends on how much more stable than the nuke you need. My Nuke is really flippy (the 1.6 rating is misleading) - but my buddy's not so much...

someone said EagleX. thats a good call too

Latest posts