• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New DIY $25 Backpack Bag.

Trizzor

Bogey Member
So I was at Target recently and spotted these in the back to school section.
They are $25 in store or $18 on the website (free shipping).
If you're on the website, make sure to purchase one with the "Handle" on the front pocket. Do a search for "Embark Backpack".

Anyway, I picked one up, cut and painted some PVC for it and the results are in the gallery below. I've not tried it yet, but the material feels similar to my Nike Bat Pack bag.

Additional Info:
2 Bottle holder side pockets
1 Front pocket for putters, holds 2-3.
1 Lap top sleeve that will hold a 4th putter (where I put my DX Dragon for water holes).
1 Pocket at the top, you can see my iPhone in it for scale, should fit phone+poncho fine. I'm using it for my Bluetooth Speaker.
2 Side elastic straps, you can see the carabiner hanging on mine, great for towels/bag tags/birdie beads.

I will update this thread when I have a chance to field test it.
Gallery:
http://imgur.com/a/q3Bkr#0

-Trizzor

Nice looking bag. Pretty disposable too at that price. Would def be interested if it lasts a while and I didn't carry a grip. DIY bags are always really neat.

Hard to beat that price and looks like it's set up well for dg. I'm interested in seeing how it holds up.

$18? That's definitely worth looking at for the guys who want a backpack style on the cheap! Good job!

i know someone who works there so i can get it for even less...score

Would you mind showing a picture of the PVC frame please?

Added images of the pvc frame, very basic. Made for under $5 (I had the spray paint).

Also, the last image with the Sharpie hanging on the laptop sleeve is how the discs look without the PVC frame - I left the Sharpie there to visualize how deep the discs sit without it... about 3 inches lower. For the most economical solution.

Nice DIY! This one might push me over into the backpack world.

Yep, that's them. It looks like there are 15 options.
Remember, you're looking for the ones with the "handle" in the front bottom pocket.

sAuaAVB.jpg

That's pretty sweet. I just love that grey one with the orange accent. Does these have any type of feet when they are on the ground? do you think some may be added?

That's pretty sweet. I just love that grey one with the orange accent. Does these have any type of feet when they are on the ground? do you think some may be added?

You could always use Plasti-Dip or truck bed liner on the bottom of the bag. I did it to my DIY backpack, and I honestly dont think a snake could bite through it. Its very tough.

Some of the styles are on clearance right now. I picked up the gray with orange handle for $7.48

Some of the styles are on clearance right now. I picked up the gray with orange handle for $7.48

And my birthday's in October. :D PM me for shipping address. ;)