• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New for me

Timmy

I only use one disc when I play (170g polaris LS) I generally do pretty good, but I miss some long putts that are not that hard. So last night I bought a putter, im going to try it out today before work and see if it helps my game. Ill post back on here later and let you all know if it helped me. Anyone else here like me and use one disc the whole game?

i knew a guy that used a lightning #2 floater for a whole round and did pretty good with it, then he got some discs for Christmas and started using more.

When I first started playing I only used three discs, a Leopard, a Shark and an Aviar. I think I could have gotten by with just the Leopard.

make sure you practice, and don't give up on the putter if it doesn't immediately improve your game it will come.

Anyone else here like me and use one disc the whole game?

No one that's any good. Using one disc is good for learning to shape lines and get your technique down, but there's a limit.
That being said, its better to start off learning to control one disc, than have a bag full of discs you can't control.

I did better with my disc. I might try it again in the future but for now I think ill stick with my one disc!

If you're planning on playing with any sort of seriousness, I'd highly recommend using a putter and mid. If not, do what's the most fun!

Thirded. Even with all the Disc I have I still enjoy going out and doing a Roc and Wizard round.

I did better with my disc. I might try it again in the future but for now I think ill stick with my one disc!

Listen buddy you can't just give up on the putter after one round. You have never used one before so it obviously would feel uncomfortable, but if you are thinking about seriously improving you have got to keep using it. It feels wierd at first, but your not gonna get much better if you keep playing with one disc exspecially since that disc isn' like a Buzzz or Roc. Stick with your putter you can't give up that easily or you will never improve.

I have played a few rounds with one roc, and a putter. Played pretty good

T-bird & putter

I normally play with 8-10 discs and today I just played my second round with just a putter and my new t-bird.

I think I might try it out for a couple more rounds and see how it goes.

I really want to get good with the T-bird and am amazed at how it flys and also how my game hasn't suffered without the extra plastic.

I want to run to the highest building in town and shout T............................................bird...........................:cool:

Knowing your plastic and how it flies is half the battle. If your really resourceful, and really know how your one disc flies when released on different angles/ different speeds/ forehand backhand/ etc... I guess you could do alright.

However, like everyone else has said. Having more than one disc is extremely beneficial - especially a putter. Keep practicing with it and ask a local pro for help. They'll be able to tell you if you are having grip issues, stance issues, etc...

DSCJNKY

No one that's any good. Using one disc is good for learning to shape lines and get your technique down, but there's a limit.
That being said, its better to start off learning to control one disc, than have a bag full of discs you can't control.

I beg to differ. There's a guy at all our local events that plays with a driver, and he is always at the top of the card. He doesn't play in Open but oftentimes would place highly if he did.

I beg to differ. There's a guy at all our local events that plays with a driver, and he is always at the top of the card. He doesn't play in Open but oftentimes would place highly if he did.

ive played with a guy that uses 4 discs.... stable driver, understable driver, roc, putter.....the first time i saw him i asked if he wanted to play with me and he said sure...i didnt expect that he would be all that great but figured it would be more fun than playing by myself....turns out that dude knew those discs like the back of his hand, ive never seen anyone that knew their discs better...to this day that guy still amazes me with his laid-back, care-free style.....

i played for a while with one disc but soon realized that you can only go so far with one disc....DONT GIVE UP ON YOUR PUTTER...i hated mine too, at first...lol......keep on practicing with it, youll eventually get the hang of it, and your scores will drop drastically

Latest posts