• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new from NJ

1frankcastle4

Whats up everyone, Im pretty new to the sport of disc golf and already very immersed in it already. I originally had recieved a starter set as a present when i was a child (like 15-16 years ago) and never knew what disc golf was. I used to try and play catch in the yard with them and was always busting up my hand. Those three discs have since been lost over the years. In the last year a close friend moved back from Colorado and one day was throwing around a putter in my driveway. I still didnt understand disc golf or why people played it. I finally started to join him to play rounds at our local course. I was hooked midway through my first round. I started to learn the game by using whatever spares and extra discs my buddy had when wed go to the park. I came across a disc in a tree during a round and then started to use just that one disc. Ive quickly learned there are so many different variables to getting though a round. Thats really what peaked my interest in continuing to play and learn. Now I just started purchasing some discs for myself, even though it is the winter and its starting to become unplayable outside and my buddy has since left to go back to Colorado. Im still super pumped to get out there and test out some of the new plastic ive bought and hopefully bump into some people at the course.

Latitude 64- Opto Line Claymore

Millenium - Omega SuperSoft Putter 40th Edition

Welcome from Mississippi, in before Geek13 can join the party! :D

Cool place to hang out and if you are not careful, you just might learn something! :thmbup:

nj reply

@oceancountydg im from toms river. I play ocean county park when i can. how about yourself?

Welcome, I am up in Warren County, NJ. We play Field of Dreams, Greystone, and a few other courses every weekend. We rotate, hit me up if you are interested in driving and hour or so up north!

took a look at the course and im def planning on making my way out there. its tough now because my buddy who introduced me to disc golf, just abruptly moved to colorado again. he was the only person i really played rounds with. so i guess ill go solo and just work on developing my game

Welcome to the forums! I'm from jersey also, I'm up by trenton. Ocean count dgc is only 35-40 minutes for me. Definitely go to check out stafford, absolute stellar course. I think they do a league called the breakfast club on Sunday mornings, great way to meet people to play with.

Thanks alot. Yea that course looks like alot of fun. If i didnt have so much to get done for christmas, id play today. its great outside.

Latest posts