• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New guy from NC

Selvag818

Hey all, played disc golf for fun a few years back when I lived in FL, and just recently played Buckhorn at Harris County Park and now I'm hooked!

New to the site and looking forward to learning and growing! Thanks to all the members for sharing so much information, it's all so helpful for someone new to the sport!

Welcome back from Saginaw Michigan,,, Probally a lot more people and a lot more courses now then there was a few years ago. Have fun

You're in a good spot for quality NC golf, lucky you. Check out Jones Park if you haven't already, could do a lot worse for a home course. Rock Ridge in Pittsboro is a gem as well.

Welcome to the addiction! We might cross paths one day since I reside in the Triad.

Great state for disc golf, if your ever in the western part check out some of the private courses, in particular Sugaree in Linville, NC, it's not a round, it's an experience.

Welcome! I live in Greensboro. If you are ever in town and want to play a round, let me know.

Welcome to the addiction, brother!

Started in NC myself (Wilmington....Castle Hayne.....check it out) and now back in my "home" state loving life in Des Moines, Iowa. Hope to see you at the Azalea Am next spring!

Thanks for all the replies... Would love to meet up with some locals! Next on my list is Jones Park sometime soon, but Buckhorn at Harris is pretty much my backyard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Holly Springs and play Jones regularly. Maybe we can get together for a round some time. I've only been playing a few months myself, having transitioned over from Ultimate due to a dodgy rotator cuff that has taken my FH away. Buckhorn is one of my favorites but it's hard to pass up Jones as it's only ~2 miles from the house!

Welcome back from Ohio. I've got family in the Asheville area, but sadly have never made it to course down there.

Here are a few other places near by you might enjoy:

1. Jones Park in Holley Springs
2. Zebulon
3. Kentwood for your short game, Near NC State.
4. Chapel Hill
5. Valley Springs in Durham

Others if you have time:

6. Middle Creek in Holly Springs
7. Wendell in Wendell
8. Cornwallace Durham
9. Cedar Hills in Raleigh
10. Anderson Park in Carboro, trees

There are 5 or 6 more public course that I can't think of right now but you can do a course search and find them. Plus 5 private ones as well.

Good luck