• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New in Austin!

Ziekk

I thought I'd introduce myself here, since I've been using the course reviews for almost 2 weeks now.

I'm in Austin, Tx, after being overseas for 7 years. This has been my way of getting back out, and oh my God, this is such a fun hobby. I picked it up on a lark, and now I'm going out every other day when I can convince someone to come with me.

I'd definitely like to thank everyone who puts pictures and reviews on this site, you don't know how incredibly helpful that has been to me and my friend.

Now I'd like to apologize to everyone that I've almost hit. Never mind, I don't have that long to type. I joke that the safest place to stand is between me and the target.

I'm driving at about 220 feet on average this last week (only been playing 3!). I'm pretty happy with that right now.

Anyway, hi to everyone out there on the courses who just seem like relaxed people who don't seem to care if you're great or not, so long as you're having fun enjoying the same sport.

PS: Thanks for helping me find that disc I threw into the woods. Or the water. Or that creek in the woods, the worst combination ever.

Oh! If anyone in Austin area has suggestions beyond the course review search engine, please feel free! I hate driving into tiny paths surrounded by woods, btw. Old Settlers Park is currently my haven.

Hey man, welcome to Austin. You chose a great place to live, especially since DG has become a part of your life... so many great courses and generally very friendly, courteous golfers.

If you're free this weekend, there is a little DGCR meetup out in Wimberley (Circle R courses) on Saturday. Looks like some people will be camping & it should be a great time.... the Circle R courses (privately owned) are some of the best in the state & are only open for play a handful of weeks during the year. Checkout the thread abt the meetup here if you're interested.

Feel free to send me a pm anytime if you need someone to toss a round with.

I thought I'd introduce myself here, since I've been using the course reviews for almost 2 weeks now.

I'm in Austin, Tx, after being overseas for 7 years. This has been my way of getting back out, and oh my God, this is such a fun hobby. I picked it up on a lark, and now I'm going out every other day when I can convince someone to come with me.

I'd definitely like to thank everyone who puts pictures and reviews on this site, you don't know how incredibly helpful that has been to me and my friend.

Now I'd like to apologize to everyone that I've almost hit. Never mind, I don't have that long to type. I joke that the safest place to stand is between me and the target.

I'm driving at about 220 feet on average this last week (only been playing 3!). I'm pretty happy with that right now.

Anyway, hi to everyone out there on the courses who just seem like relaxed people who don't seem to care if you're great or not, so long as you're having fun enjoying the same sport.

PS: Thanks for helping me find that disc I threw into the woods. Or the water. Or that creek in the woods, the worst combination ever.

Oh! If anyone in Austin area has suggestions beyond the course review search engine, please feel free! I hate driving into tiny paths surrounded by woods, btw. Old Settlers Park is currently my haven.

Hey man, welcome to the site and welcome to disc golf!!!

Just keep having fun and the skills will come (more or less) naturally! Have you done any reviews yet? They're pretty fun to do, and it always helps to have both experienced players' perspectives as well as the newer players'.

Yes, I've done one review so far. I actually have to read between the lines of most to get how it would be for a beginner, so I did so from a beginner's point of view.

Welcome to DGCR and this wonderful addiction called disc golf! There are some really good people on this site. You're bound to develop some new friendships. I've met several locals around where I live through DGCR and everyone one of them are top notch folks.

Austin is a great place to live for many reasons; disc golf obviously being one of them. There are some great courses there as well as around Central Texas if you don't mind hopping in the car and taking a little trip.

I can relate to your fondness of Old Settler's Park. It was the first course I played on and it was my home course for many years. I'm going to be in town and I'm planning on playing Old Settler's at some point. It'll be a trip down memory lane for sure.

And watching more experienced players is a great way to better your game. Don't be afraid to ask questions either. Generally disc golfers are eager to dispense advice to help you improve your game.

Hey check out the 512 group it is most of the Austin people in it. What part of Austin you at, i think we are spread out all over Austin.

I'm in Round Rock right now. I've gone ahead and subscribed/bookmarked the 512 group you mentioned. I have tried the Georgetown courses and Round Rock ones so far. I look forward to trying Zilker Park tomorrow.

Latest posts