• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

So MD3's are less stable than a fresh roc3? Similar to a beat roc3

The MD3 and Roc3 have very similar flights in my opinion. If there's a difference in stability then it's negligible. Granted I'm working from memory and haven't thrown any of my Roc3's in a couple years.

The MD3 and Roc3 have very similar flights in my opinion. If there's a difference in stability then it's negligible. Granted I'm working from memory and haven't thrown any of my Roc3's in a couple years.

I just don't like the bead on the Roc3, so they flew more OS for me because I didn't get quite as clean a release on them. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself!

I've thrown the prototype C-line (177g). Flies pretty similar to my Emac truth. I'ts a little deeper and has a pretty flat top. I like it best for forehand tunnel shots and backhand baby hyzer flips. Not the best choice for a headwind. Fade is ~1.5 ish.

Has anyone thrown the new Italian plastic MD3? Can you compare it to some other mids? I haven't thrown an MD3 of any kind.

the new md3 looks to have flight numbers of 5 5 0 1 vs 5 5 0 2 for the majority of innova produced md3s (I believe the original numbers were 5 5 0 3 but that was before my time throwing them)

the original eagle color glow md3 kicked buzzzes out of my bag. a little more stability IMO, but just a bit. I have a color glow chariot on the way from infinite to see how similar that is

the new md3 looks to have flight numbers of 5 5 0 1 vs 5 5 0 2 for the majority of innova produced md3s (I believe the original numbers were 5 5 0 3 but that was before my time throwing them

Flights numbers mean nothing.

Look at the P2. 2301 forever. Then the final Innova run was 2302. Now it's back to 2301. And they all fly exactly the same.

Flights numbers mean nothing.

Look at the P2. 2301 forever. Then the final Innova run was 2302. Now it's back to 2301. And they all fly exactly the same.

I get what you mean, but they mean a little bit more than nothing IMO. they adjusted from the original 5 5 0 3 to 5 5 0 2 because they felt that was more accurate, so I presume if they changed it to 5 5 0 1 they feel THAT is more accurate. but I like 65% agree with you and am not going to refrain from purchasing them because they changed the flight numbers. will definitely buy one or two to see how they compare!

How many tries/years did it take the Trilogy brands to make a Teebird that some people like similarly?

Imagine if a company then started making every disc from new molds simultaneously. I already thought the whole runs thing with DM discs was way more picky than I want to be, I couldn't imagine the situation with pre/post changing all molds and manufacturing location as well.

Its funny that this was being discussed even back in 2018...

I will be curious to see the MD3 wing compared to the L64 Trust, because they fly like the same disc.

I have both and they are practically identical except of course the md3 has the microbead, but wing shape is spot on. I just wish the new md3 was a bit flatter for my grip.

I have both and they are practically identical except of course the md3 has the microbead, but wing shape is spot on. I just wish the new md3 was a bit flatter for my grip.

I felt a new MD3 yesterday. The Trust I think is a hair shallower feeling which just feels better to me. So I passed on trying it out. The wing shape is definitely similar though, felt good, nice plastic.

I picked up two of the new MD3's two days ago and have been throwing one of them in field practice. I adore this new plastic blend. With my eyes closed I can't tell the difference between it and Kastaplast's K1. Same level of grip, stiffness, flex, and as far as I can tell, durability. I threw one into a rock wall from 15' with all the power I could muster (~475'-500' when I throw that hard with my distance drivers) and it barely shows it. There's two small impact marks and I can barely feel where it hit the wall. No change in flight after that one hit at all.

I'd say that the flight number change is a little innacurate, but is close. I get a bit more fade, maybe 5,4,0,2. Kinda reminds me of a fresh, max weight envy in that it has extreme resistance to turn, but a reliable, penetrating finish. In fact it flies exactly like what I imagine a 5 speed envy would fly like. I've thrown it up to 350' and seen zero turn, and minimal fade at that power. Powered down the fade is a bit more noticable, and the disc is still incredibly workable. It's a perfect slightly more stable compliment to the couple of buzzz's in my bag.

The one I've been throwing has a bit more shoulder and dome than the other I got (which is board flat), and definitely is less comfortable for a FH grip. I'll throw them both side by side soon and report if the dome has any effect on flight.