• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New member from Tennessee

backspin

Hello,

I've been casually playing disc golf for 3 years in Tennessee, and really enjoy the sport. This year I decided to join the PDGA and keep track of scores using the udisc app on my Android. My question revolves around keeping score and how those scores are uploaded to the pdga site. When I enter a score score is it automatically uploaded? Or is there some other mechanism to which the ratings and statistics is populated?

Thanks,

David

Welcome! as far as i know the PDGA doesn't keep track of any rounds/scores except PDGA sanctioned tournaments for ratings purposes.

Welcome! as far as i know the PDGA doesn't keep track of any rounds/scores except PDGA sanctioned tournaments for ratings purposes.

Okay... so as long as I have a pdga active memebership with a number then I can play?

I came from playing PGA golf, and we always kept track of our regular scores, and hence were give a handy-cap for tournament play. Didn't know if the PDGA worked the same way or not. Apparently not.

Okay... so as long as I have a pdga active membership with a number then I can play?

I came from playing PGA golf, and we always kept track of our regular scores, and hence were give a handy-cap for tournament play. Didn't know if the PDGA worked the same way or not. Apparently not.

exactly... if you aren't a member you pay a fee at each PDGA sanctioned tournament and to the best of my knowledge they keep no stats . non sanctioned events don't affect your rating.

your player rating will help you choose which division you should play in.

Latest posts