• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New member Sac, CA

ThanIs everyone!! Hey someone showed me a website the other day where it shows you companies her make discs and the run down of each disc. Has pics of the discs as well. Problem is I can't remember. I'm a decent disc golfer but don't know much about it. I'm looking to educate myself so if anyone has help I'd love it!!

Hey I am from Sac, welcome to disc golf it's awesome! There are a lot of local courses that you can hone your skills on, good "starter" courses would be Santa Anita Park, Carmichael Park and John Mackey park. They are all 9 holes that have a wide variety of shots and are never super busy. If you're feeling zesty Shady Oaks in Orangvale is great, a full 18 much longer and more difficult than the previous 3 courses but still really fun. Heads up but it's always super busy so be prepared to wait. Hope this helps!

Welcome from North Highlands. My tor(mentor), lol, thought that Shady Oaks would be perfect for my first round. I had nothing but 4's and above, on my first 16 holes. Lucky for me that I took a mindset of no more than 5-6 shots per hole or otherwise, I might have been frustrated enough to never to play again. But as luck would have it, I got a great drive on 17 on position B, 381 feet. My second shot, about 50 feet, landed at the foot of the pole for an easy tap in par. The on 18, short position, I the my 168g DX Roc. It landed 15 feet from the basket for my first ever birdie. Stay with it because doing well or better than you did the previous time will be the best reward that you can receive.