• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD NINE IN GEORGETOWN, TX

sidewinding

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Check it out. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3147

I've been playing it off and on for a few months but finally added it last night. It's not much to write home about but it is a new course. It will probably be funner after we get through this drought and the city starts mowing over the blackberry bushes that cover this course.

I played The Rivery park course yesterday 3/19/09 and all I can say is don't wast your time here!,this has to be the worse course I've ever have played.This town needs to spend some money$$$$ and hire somebody who knows how to design a course and spend some money on tee pads a some signs.
This course has lots of trees and trees and trees and is very rocky.

I played The Rivery park course yesterday 3/19/09 and all I can say is don't wast your time here!,this has to be the worse course I've ever have played.This town needs to spend some money$$$$ and hire somebody who knows how to design a course and spend some money on tee pads a some signs.
This course has lots of trees and trees and trees and is very rocky.

Try it a few more times and it will grow on you. It forces you to learn how to throw straight through narrow tunnels and land in the fairway. There's a saying we have around Georgetown "If you can play Rivery you're ready".

Congrats

In today's economy, it's a miracle that any community is putting in a new course, congrats! Neighborhood 9's are usually 3-rated courses, at best. This new course can be upgraded over time with benches, signs and amenities -- I think it's terrific that it's there at all.

Neighborhood 9's are one important way kids can get introduced to the sport and I'm glad to play them myself even if they aren't "world class." I like several of the neighborhood pitch-n-put 9 courses in LA, for practice and a change of pace. Most small courses demand accuracy so can be very good for developing an accurate toss.

Good for you! :p

Well the bad economy hasn't made it's way to this part of Texas yet,and almost all new subdivisions are putting in either 9 holers or some other kind of park in their communities.

I guess it always begs the question - is a bad course better than no course??? Not to say this is a bad course, produce guy just doesn't seem real enthused about it.

Latest posts