• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New pdga membership disc

discddwn

Double Eagle Member
Got my membership package today. I was expecting a stalker but instead it's a discwing quarter k II. This disc feels strange. Very shallow rim and is radius'd on the inside lip. It came with a special plastic card stating that this is a limited run of 2500 made for the pdga. The underside of the flight plate looks like it was sanded with a palm sander. Anybody esle get one of these?

No Sanding

I got one last month. No sanding marks on flight plate underside. It do feel strange... Kind of a mixture of Pro/Star feel to it. Mine is quite blemish free. Need to throw it to how its flight is.

Seems like there was another thread on this topic...
Where is prerube when you need him?

Any bets they took the ones they couldn't sell, stamped them and gave the PDGA a deal?

who throws their PDGA disc anyway? its black, that alone should be enough

I thought the K2 has been around for a while? IMO they really messes it up, not that the QK was great, but I kinda of liked it. I had a 167g that would float and it had some good "D" for the day. When I tried the K2 the rim was thinner and the plastic to slick for my liking, but the worst thing about it. They made it waaaaay to understable and that's coming from a noodle arm! Too bad, all they had to do was change the plastic on the QK and I think they would have had something.

Yep, got mine a couple weeks ago...same sanding scuffs which look like clean up after injection mold casting. The feel is definitely different..not sure if thats a bad thing or not yet as I too have not thrown it so far.
What it looks like to me, being in construction, is HDPE ...some type of polymere or copolymere..??... that they make weld seam water pipe out of...feels and looks exactly the same. I just put it on the wall with a couple other ones I have there. You've all got me curious now, gonna have to take it out this weekend and throw it...see what that sucka does in the air.
Might be a bust...might be the best thing since sliced bread....never gonna know until ya let'er fly though. If it doesn't fly right, I'll report back...if it does, ya may not hear from me...I'll probably be out on the course with my new secret weapon!

Saw one of these in the used disc bin at PIAS-Carrollton, TX. I picked it up and couldn't put it back fast enough. The rounded inner rim is a deal killer for me. That's why I don't like the Riot.

I threw mine the day I got it! It is super-flippy but always fades back at the end. If released at a 45 degree hyzer angle, it will flip up to flat and then turn-over about 15-20 degrees the other way, glide forever, and then fades back almost as far as it turned.

This is how it performed new, I wonder how much/quickly it will change with use? Also, for relative arm-speed comparison, I throw a 172g Eagle L 365 ft. consistently.

Latest posts