• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to disc golf

ThumbLord

Hey my wife and I just moved to Lexington Kentucky a few months ago and we started playing disc golf 6 weeks ago. We wanted to know if there was any disc golf clinics or some type of class near us. We have the Udisc app but can't seem to find anything. Please help we have started to fall 8n love with this sport and want to continue to learn and get better. Thanks

Enjoy. I'm not saying there aren't any, or shouldn't be any clinics go DG, but they're not all that common... at least not around here.

Probably the best way to find out what's happening in your area would be to check with the local club. They'll probably be able to tell you if anyone is planning to hold a clinic. Might even be holding some events geared towards beginners.

Then again, a lot of things that might normally happen just ain't happening this year. :\

Hey my wife and I just moved to Lexington Kentucky a few months ago and we started playing disc golf 6 weeks ago. We wanted to know if there was any disc golf clinics or some type of class near us. We have the Udisc app but can't seem to find anything. Please help we have started to fall 8n love with this sport and want to continue to learn and get better. Thanks

youtube.com

We have a local disc store that will give instruction for $30 for a couple hours. One of the owners does it and has a 500' drive.

He said it's easy to improve your drive and it's up to you to figure out how to duplicate it.

Check with your local disc golf store, as Mr.Big.Shot said, some disc golf stores give lessons. Heck, they want you to buy discs and disc golf equipment from them...so what better way to get you involved than to have lessons?

Check with your local clubs, most clubs/leagues are willing to teach folks and usually there is one person who everyone knows as the best to learn from.

Check for tournaments in your area. Sometimes a pro or two will give classes/demonstrations.

And then, as elmexdela said, there is YouTube. Lots of 'how to disc golf' videos there.

Best of luck to both of you.

yeah, you can spend many hours on youtube and there are many really great videos to learn from.

When I started, I was told that disc golf is a very humbling sport--which it is. There is a very steep early learning curve where you go from hoping the disc goes somewhere to knowing you can make a decent throw...but often don't because you try too hard.

Technique is YUUGE, but so is repetition of good technique since it's kind of an awkward movement.

Looking for Coach or clinics

Hello all,

I am new to disc golf and want to get better. Living in Atlanta, Ga seeing if there was any coaches or places to learn more about disc golf and get training on it.

Let me know if there is someone I can contact with.

Thanks,