• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the forum

cyucus

hello all,

I'm Chris from northern Illinois. I recently discovered this forum, and have been lurking for a while, soaking up the knowledge. Seems like there is a ton of great stuff on here.

About me: I'm 28, entering my third year of throwing discs. I love being outdoors and disc golf helps me relax and enjoy mother nature. I have as much fun walking the rivers and ponds of my local courses looking for discs as I do throwing sometimes.

Besides discing I am a big fan of MMA, (hence the fightfan moniker). I write for some MMA websites, and cover some local shows from time to time.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board, look forward to posting here (and more importantly learning from all of you)

Welcome to the site fightfan, I'm a fan of MMA myself.

I grew up on the central coast and played high school football. One of our games was against San Marcos High, One of their players was none other than Chuck Liddell. 8) Who would've known he would go on to be such a celebrity.

Scotty N said:
Welcome!! Now your free time is ours!

To fightfan: Welcome aboard.

Being a foreigner I think it's especially suitable for me to twist the English language (a prime example of Engrish) by stating: All your base are belong to us!

Who's your favorite fighter? I haven't paid attention to MMA since the early Pride days, so I'm still an Igor Vovchanhbdfbvesdjjdbcwhateverhisnameis fan.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes

As far as mma is concerned,

right now my favorite fighter is UFC lightweight Clay Guida, he always brings an exuberance and level of energy that makes him the most exciting fighter to watch.
here's a story I wrote about the Guida/Huerta fight (that would indeed end up being voted MMA fight of the year by the fightnetwork staff)
http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5596

I am a big Sakuraba fan, although his career is in its twilight.

I wrote for the fight network.com for a while, no longer in their employ, although I may return.

Currently I'm doing some writing forhttp://www.MMAfighting.com

Latest posts