• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Updated Flight Chart??

DiscologyGus

Par Member
Is there a flight chart that updates regularly and has a layout like Marshall Street but has all discs and in a more accurate fashion?(because I feel like Marshall Street misses with more than a few molds)

InfiniteDiscs has a 'flight matrix' that is more accurate than Marshall Street.

The Gold Standard for Flight Charts is the GottaGoGottaThrow Flight Chart.
I'm sure not everyone will agree, but it's been around the longest and is the most comprehensive and is updated fairly regularly.
Like scarpfish says, and it cannot be stressed enough, they are all guides and not inerrant or infallible. Different runs, different wear, different plastics, etc...

Joe's Universal Flight Chart at GottaGoThrow is my favorite too, it's numbers match my experience closest so I always compare it to the flight numbers seen elsewhere. However, it hasn't been updated in almost a year. It is also missing the Leopard for some reason.

The Gold Standard for Flight Charts is the GottaGoGottaThrow Flight Chart.
I'm sure not everyone will agree, but it's been around the longest and is the most comprehensive and is updated fairly regularly.
Like scarpfish says, and it cannot be stressed enough, they are all guides and not inerrant or infallible. Different runs, different wear, different plastics, etc...

Wha!? I was not aware that GottaGoGottaThrow had a flight chart!

*disappears into the interwebz

Is there a flight chart that updates regularly and has a layout like Marshall Street but has all discs and in a more accurate fashion?(because I feel like Marshall Street misses with more than a few molds)

GGGT usually updates their flight chart in June. You can also click the disc on their web site to get the rating - I think they update the web site ratings more frequently than once a year.

InBounds updates their information frequently, adding new discs and even changing ratings on existing discs. Click on their InFlight Guide, and then click "Matrix View" for a chart layout.

I use inFlight for specs reference across the board. They update their data frequently throughout the year and they've got all the dimensions of every disc in the catalogue. I can download charts, spec sheets and there's even an ap. To top it off, they're responive. I found some information once on the site that was incorrect and I emailed them. They emailed me back and soon fixed it. It's my go to site for disc data for sure. :thmbup:

www.inboundsdiscgolf.com

Flight charts should be interpreted as guidelines, not gospel.

Definitely, couldn't agree more. I'm just looking for something competent so I can find discs that are in the same realm as each other. I understand every disc, even within the same mold, flies differently. I just like the visual aspect of a chart like Marshall Street has, just looking for something a little more accurate and up to date.

What discs on Marshall Street's chart are inaccurately listed?

I'm curious, because most of the tried and true molds look pretty accurate to me. That said, I haven't tried many new molds over the last two years, especially drivers, so there's that.

What discs on Marshall Street's chart are inaccurately listed?

I'm curious, because most of the tried and true molds look pretty accurate to me. That said, I haven't tried many new molds over the last two years, especially drivers, so there's that.

There were a couple that were inaccurate from what I saw when I threw them.. This doesn't mean at all that everyone will find this to be true. Especially considering I have been working on rebuilding my form and if i went back and threw some of the "inaccurately listed" discs that they might possibly fly quite differently now.. its all relative. I guess what I was really looking for was something like inFlight Guide that has more of an in-depth look at numbers etc...

I'll just rant about the one that bothers me the most: Squall

I've brought this up before, and I've even had someone claiming to be the author stating "not my best work." But, it has been way too far on the understable side for several years now.

The Squall is basically the Storm, yet they're 6 squares apart. I will concede that the plastic blend changes stability of molds, but even in base plastic, I'd put the Squall around Witness stability. In the newest SP blend, it's almost Roc3 stability.

About a year ago, I piped a Proline Squall down a tight tunnel on a rope. One of the guys letting me play thru asked me what I threw, and when I said "Squall" he was shocked. He said "Whoa that was amazing with such an understable disc." I just said something like "they're actually pretty neutral" as I walked away. I can only attribute this to the bad flight chart mis-educating the masses.

A couple other honorable mentions:
The H4 is not a neutral speed 10.
I'd put the Meteor in the Panther square, not the Kite square, and the Tursas and Foxbat should swap.
Polaris LS and the Orion LS are at least 2 squares too understable.

I'll stop there b/c I could do this for 20 more. Most just need to move a square or two, but I can't trust the MSt flight chart when the creators clearly don't seem too concerned about it being correct. I agree with GGGT Joe's flight chart being really good, but it can be tough to read. I prefer Inbounds, because it's so easy to sort and compare on their website.

I know the guys and gals at GGGT and being from MN there are sub optimal throwing conditions half of the year (I'm referring to snow people). I believe they are doing another update to the flight chart soon as weather has been improving in these parts. Aside from all the recent rain.

I know the guys and gals at GGGT and being from MN there are sub optimal throwing conditions half of the year (I'm referring to snow people). I believe they are doing another update to the flight chart soon as weather has been improving in these parts. Aside from all the recent rain.

Snow is sub optimal? Hmmmm..... Thats news to this Wisconsin boy lol

Snow is sub optimal? Hmmmm..... Thats news to this Wisconsin boy lol

Yup. Yesterday the low temps caused freezing rain, and all the pine branches were so weighted down that they covered some of the baskets at Mountain Man's course enough to make it impossible to putt at all.

I'm sick of winter conditions...

We both know the people and the process involved well.

It took me some time to decipher what the colors on the chart represented, but I figured it out. There is a lot of useful information on there, but there is also room for improvement.

A few things it does not take into much consideration, or at least does not provide much of an explanation, is the effect of temperature and altitude on a disc's performance. Some basic concepts would be nice as I would not intend Blake and Dan (is he still a tester?) and or whoever, to make trips to the Carolinas and or Colorado to verify the generalizations we normally accept.

But where do we also draw the line with information? Generally information is good for flat and level throws where elevation is not a factor. However, I know from a ton of personal experience (mainly unloading the bag as often as I can on Bryant #17) that certain discs behave completely different once elevation becomes the key factor of its flight. TeeBirds and Gazelles are suddenly the longest, most stable discs in my bag, and Buzzzes and Truths are no slouches with distance either. Almost everything else I throw either flips over and or fades out because some discs just do not perform well with a lot of air under the disc. Imagine the nightmare of compiling such a list that includes that information as well.

Now I want to go out and see what happens when I throw a Franklin Albatross from Bryant #17.

I know lots of people like to crap on it, but I still like Innova's flight ratings. Which is one of the reasons I like shopping at Discgolfcenter. Almost every disc out there using all the same numbers. And I know you could say the same about some of the other flight charts, but I guess I just prefer to have actual numbers instead of a position on a chart.

The Squall is basically the Storm, yet they're 6 squares apart. I will concede that the plastic blend changes stability of molds, but even in base plastic, I'd put the Squall around Witness stability. In the newest SP blend, it's almost Roc3 stability.

Never seen a Storm, but Inbounds has it WAY different from the Squall too.

Latest posts