• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New World Record (again) Disc Golf holes in 24 hours--1305

Can you throw my Z Buzzz next time? It needs to get broken in.

Fun Facts

Wow! Here are a few fun facts related to your 250 ft. walk from hole 9 to basket 1:

• 145 rounds played
  • 36,250 ft = 6.9 miles of extra walking
  • Your average walking speed for the whole event over 24 hrs, with breaks, was 2.7 mph
  • At a walking speed of 3 mph you lost over 2 hrs just walking back to tee 1!
Lets just imagine if the course was built in a true loop and the walk from basket 9 to tee 1 was only 50 ft instead:
  • Saved 200 ft/round = 29,000 ft over 145 rounds = 5.5 miles
  • At a walking speed of 3 mph you would have saved 1.8 hours!

Maybe next time he goes for the record (assuming it's at the same course), one of the volunteers can rickshaw him from 9 to 1.

Wow! Here are a few fun facts related to your 250 ft. walk from hole 9 to basket 1:

• 145 rounds played
  • 36,250 ft = 6.9 miles of extra walking
  • Your average walking speed for the whole event over 24 hrs, with breaks, was 2.7 mph
  • At a walking speed of 3 mph you lost over 2 hrs just walking back to tee 1!
Lets just imagine if the course was built in a true loop and the walk from basket 9 to tee 1 was only 50 ft instead:
  • Saved 200 ft/round = 29,000 ft over 145 rounds = 5.5 miles
  • At a walking speed of 3 mph you would have saved 1.8 hours!

OMG! That is remarkable! I figured if I could play hole 3 as described, I'd increase my productivity by 11% without much more effort, putting me at about 1450 holes played.

Somebody should design a course for you with perfect layout :)

Congratulations on the impressive feat.

Nice! I, too, love seeing this record broken again...just more visibility for this great sport! And glory for a dedicated (to say the least) disc golfer!

I just finished tabulating, my aces were holes 139; 1057; and 1228. I had 672 birdies, 598 pars, 31 bogeys, and a double bogey. My total score was -645 under par; the original post was a quick estimate.

Best round of 8 under (3 times) 7 under (11 times). I only had one round over par, a nasty 30 on round 142.

AWESOME JOB DAN!

That is fantastic. I love that the news coverage showing you jogging those holes. That is great. Congrats so much! I just love where this thing has gone. You are the man! :thmbup:

Congratulations. Like I said in the store, if you ever want to attempt this again and want another player for support, I would love to give this a try.