• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new zuca models coming soon

BryanBowman

Bogey Member
heard last night that two new zuca models are coming soon, one designed for larger bags...not sure what the other changes are, just thought i'd throw it out there!

Haha. Not with zuca any longer almost a year now I've been on my own, so I know nothing about what they do.
just a FYI :)

Now it comes with a built in extendable ladder for tree disc retrieval. And it has an electric motor on one wheel and an electric generator on the other and a small battery that assists you while you lug around your 50 discs through a flat 3000ft 18 hole recreational par 3 course. Now has 4 gallon sized drink holders. Finally has airless tires so they can't get popped on the course (nah, that's too convenient). Comes with a small tent, might as well since you almost set up camp next to every lie anyway right?

So any word on when these will be available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my Zuca Backpack LG yesterday and here are my initial thoughts for anyone who's interested. I test fitted a Simian and a Physical Flight Contender Bag into it.
Overall the cart seems solid no lose bolts anywhere. Nice to see that foam tires are standard and that a 32oz Nalgene bottle fits into the cup holders. Here are my complaints.

1. Both bags fit but are tight. They don't just slide in you have to fight with bottle holders and side pockets to get it in. I was having a lot of trouble with the simian, so much that I measured the cart to make sure it was an LG. I saw I had a rain shell jacket in a side pocket, took it out and it fit better. Empty side pockets before install.

2. Side pocket storage of bags gets reduced. The PF bag didn't really have much side storage so not a big deal. I like the large side pockets of the Simian but with the cup holders squished in it reduces some of the side pocket storage. Maybe the patches on the cup holders enhance this making it more rigid but you will probably have this issue regardless. It seems that if the cart was 1" wider it would help this and putting the bag in as stated above.

3. Seat and handle. The seat is a bit high for me (5'-11") but that's really not the issue. The seat is not deep and but up to the handle. I feel like I'm just using the edge of the seat. But it is a seat. Looking at it I think I can add some spacers to give the handle some angle away from the seat like the RR.

Overall I do like the cart. I like the versatility in no matter what kind of bag I stick in there I have a seat. I'm a DG bag whore. I was on the fence between this cart and the Ridge Roller. The RR appealed to me because it has a square handle so no spinning. I have to crank down that round handle on the Zuca so it doesn't move. I also liked the RR as it looks easier to just toss the bag on and have easier access to storage pockets above. I went with Zuca because of the seat and thinking it may have good use when the twins get a little older and it can be used for other sporting events and uses. But the seat is not as comfortable as I hoped. If I only had the simian and was only thinking Disc Golf I believe the Ridge Roller is the way to go, but have no clue how it sits on the RR. I may even get the RR just to compare. Zuca has a 30 day policy so as long as I don't use it I'm just out some shipping costs.

Attachments

• sim.jpg
    sim.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 167
  • sim2.jpg
    sim2.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 124
  • sim1.jpg
    sim1.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 125
Here's the Contender Pics

Attachments

• IMG_20180214_194019.jpg
    IMG_20180214_194019.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20180214_194038.jpg
    IMG_20180214_194038.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20180214_194058.jpg
    IMG_20180214_194058.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 102
I saw something on FB about a Zuca mini. One that would hold 15 discs and be lighter weight than normal sized ones. Can't recall what page I saw it on. This sounds perfect for me since I only carry 16-17 in my Grip. I could get the putter pouch accessory and carry the rest in the main compartment.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

I saw something on FB about a Zuca mini. One that would hold 15 discs and be lighter weight than normal sized ones. Can't recall what page I saw it on. This sounds perfect for me since I only carry 16-17 in my Grip. I could get the putter pouch accessory and carry the rest in the main compartment.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

Anyone have an update about this? I saw one on display at Bowling Green, but haven't seen anything else. I could be tempted if the price is right on this one....

I got my Zuca Backpack LG yesterday and here are my initial thoughts for anyone who's interested. I test fitted a Simian and a Physical Flight Contender Bag into it.
Overall the cart seems solid no lose bolts anywhere. Nice to see that foam tires are standard and that a 32oz Nalgene bottle fits into the cup holders. Here are my complaints.

1. Both bags fit but are tight. They don't just slide in you have to fight with bottle holders and side pockets to get it in. I was having a lot of trouble with the simian, so much that I measured the cart to make sure it was an LG. I saw I had a rain shell jacket in a side pocket, took it out and it fit better. Empty side pockets before install.

2. Side pocket storage of bags gets reduced. The PF bag didn't really have much side storage so not a big deal. I like the large side pockets of the Simian but with the cup holders squished in it reduces some of the side pocket storage. Maybe the patches on the cup holders enhance this making it more rigid but you will probably have this issue regardless. It seems that if the cart was 1" wider it would help this and putting the bag in as stated above.

3. Seat and handle. The seat is a bit high for me (5'-11") but that's really not the issue. The seat is not deep and but up to the handle. I feel like I'm just using the edge of the seat. But it is a seat. Looking at it I think I can add some spacers to give the handle some angle away from the seat like the RR.

Overall I do like the cart. I like the versatility in no matter what kind of bag I stick in there I have a seat. I'm a DG bag whore. I was on the fence between this cart and the Ridge Roller. The RR appealed to me because it has a square handle so no spinning. I have to crank down that round handle on the Zuca so it doesn't move. I also liked the RR as it looks easier to just toss the bag on and have easier access to storage pockets above. I went with Zuca because of the seat and thinking it may have good use when the twins get a little older and it can be used for other sporting events and uses. But the seat is not as comfortable as I hoped. If I only had the simian and was only thinking Disc Golf I believe the Ridge Roller is the way to go, but have no clue how it sits on the RR. I may even get the RR just to compare. Zuca has a 30 day policy so as long as I don't use it I'm just out some shipping costs.

Since the Simian has a seat for it anyhow why not use the open top cart Zuca makes for Dynamic Discs? That way you can use a seat that is more comfortable for disc golf.

https://www.pdga.com/announcements/zuca-announces-new-pdga-limited-edition-disc-golf-cart

attachment.php

Attachments

• pdga_2018_video_closing_screen_preview.jpg
    pdga_2018_video_closing_screen_preview.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 178
I see the Compact Zuca carts hitting the online stores. Ordered a red-framed one from Infinite this morning. GGGT also had some in stock. Can't wait to try it out!

Latest posts