• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next step up from a TeeBird?

valkyrie

Double Eagle Member
I have been throwing my teebird on every hole latly, and ive been getting it out to about ~375, sometimes up to 400 (RHBH). I was woundering what the next step up is, i tried an orc, but it did not go as straight as i want.

What Garublador said.... Or maybe the Z Avenger or QOLF...sounds like you're cranking! Wish I had that problem, but I would stay in the stable driver range. I'd think a Viking would be quite understable for you...

That's out of Innova land...

Wraith or Surge if you are at that point with a Teebird. Those discs should fly pretty straight for you now.

Aren't Curshes and Forces really wide rimmed? That could be part of it. They may be in that moderately overstable catagory. Too much disc for me.

The Striker, PD, OLF, and Avengers are all speed 9 discs. In theory, they should give you a bit more distance than a Teebird and same relative flight pattern (straightish with fade).

Wraiths, Surges, and those types of drivers would make great distance drivers, you'll probably get really nice distance out of them, but the comparison to a Teebird suggests you are looking for the longer range stable driver that has a bit of control and reliability to it.

I have been throwing my teebird on every hole latly, and ive been getting it out to about ~375, sometimes up to 400 (RHBH). I was woundering what the next step up is, i tried an orc, but it did not go as straight as i want.

It depends...are you looking to replace it, or add another disc?

If you're looking to replace it, go for a PD. They rock. I was throwing a little shorter with the Teebird when I made the switch, but they're still amazing. S-PD throws like a faster Eagle, and the P-PD is supposed to be very Teebird like. I've only gotten a couple throws with my P-PD since I got it, but that feels like it will be a fair assumption so far. Also, if it matters, the C-PD has the potential to replace a Predator or 12x Firebird.

If you're looking to add to your bag and keep the Teebird, then something like a Wraith/Surge or Rogue/Surge SS may be good for you. If Teebirds are flying ~375ft then you should be able to launch a Boss or Nuke pretty well.

Of the two options, I chose the replace it option. My Buzzz was only about 30 feet short of my Teebird, so I figured it was worth replacing with something I could throw a little farther. Its been two weeks since I started replacing them and I haven't missed the Teebird yet.

EDIT: In the time I've had them, the S-PDs throw exactly like I always thought an Orc should fly but didn't.

Also, ive got cruses and forces, and i don't throw em because they are too overstable for me...is that "Bad"?

A crush wouldn't be too overstable for you. I throw the teebird about the same and love the crush, force is too overstable though. My main long drivers are the crush and the surge so try out the crush and wraith.

Orc and Crush are very similar discs. Once your Orc breaks in that could be what you're looking for. So either of those Wraith, Boss, Striker or SOLF. If you want something that'll go straight brand new then try the Striker.

I keep an extremely worn Crush in my bag that I use for tight turnovers with some fade, rollers and shorter overhand shots. My Orc was so similar on the the first part but didn't throw as well for rollers and overhand so I took it out of my bag. I have a Striker that I use for straight with fade shots. And I keep 2 SOLFs in the bag. One is very worn that I use instead of a Sidewinder for big anny bombs without worrying about it turning too far and rolling at the end. The other I'll use for any type of drive. The best thing about OLFs is that the rim is very thin. They also don't seem to need as much height to operate. So they're great when there's a ceiling. I took the Wraith out of my bag when the Boss came along.

Disc down not up

Throw your main midrange now until you get it out 350-375. Keep the teebird and learn to master your mids now......makes a huge difference.....unless you just want distance then get your self a pro boss max weight and beat it straight.

A 400ft teebird? You should have no problems throwing a boss, wraith, destroyer, or whatever if you can harness that much power. Fo you throw your teebird on an anny line or just straight?

A 400ft teebird? You should have no problems throwing a boss, wraith, destroyer, or whatever if you can harness that much power. Fo you throw your teebird on an anny line or just straight?

I throw it straight, and it usualy finishes straight, or with a slight hyzer.

Firebird Long? TeeRex?

I have never thrown either one however they each have part of Tee-bird in them LOL!

Latest posts