• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Tee Stickers

Doofenshmirtz

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
When visiting Charlotte last month I noticed that several courses had stickers on the basket top band as next tee indicators, typically the words "Next Tee" and an arrow. Does anyone know where these might be purchased and/or what kind of stickers these were?

I have also seem plastic arrow signs attached to bottom of basket by zips. These seem to be very clear in terms of wayfinding.

I've seen these. They are nice until they break. We have a course that is less than a year old and they are pretty much all broken and missing. Not sure if the weather made them brittle or they got banged by discs or what happened.

Not sure if stickers on the band would be any more or less durable but they should be cheap and easy to quickly replace.

They're okay, but depending on the quality of the plastic they do break and you wind up with pieces of plastic trash on your course. They're also very easy to remove and I've found them, for example, 25 feet into the woods about 75-100 feet from the nearest basket before.

The simplest method, though cryptic for newcomers, is to paint a prong on the bottom of the basket.

The best method is actual mounted signage anywhere the course can be confusing, and labeled on a graphic on every tee sign.

Not sure which brand of basket it is but one of my nearby courses has little metal arrows that are welded into the bottom of the basket. I assume they came that way because they seem to be powder coated like the rest of the cage.

Not sure which brand of basket it is but one of my nearby courses has little metal arrows that are welded into the bottom of the basket. I assume they came that way because they seem to be powder coated like the rest of the cage.

Dynamic baskets maybe? I remember seeing them at Prickly Pines in Colorado.

Dynamic baskets maybe? I remember seeing them at Prickly Pines in Colorado.

Maybe. I was thinking they were Latitude 64 baskets so we're on the same page. I haven't played Prickly Pines in a while so I don't remember the baskets there.

Attachments

• BA8F0E06-D9C0-4D7F-B312-5FD1B19925AD.jpg
    BA8F0E06-D9C0-4D7F-B312-5FD1B19925AD.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 32
That's the ones I was thinking of. Of all of the options I kind of like these the most. Being metal they won't deteriorate and break and they don't interfere with anything. When you're pulling your putter out of the basket you just see which way the arrow is pointing and head that direction.

For me the worst "next tee" indicators are the ones on the tee pad signs. I always forget to look and then I'm at the basket with no idea which way the next pad is.

An arrow on the basket is always a good start but obvious paths and separate signs are the best.

For reference, I've seen the painted basket wires and quickly figured out what was being conveyed. I couldn't argue that it isn't the best way.

For me the worst "next tee" indicators are the ones on the tee pad signs. I always forget to look and then I'm at the basket with no idea which way the next pad is.

close runner up are the baskets that have painted spokes or next tee arrows permanently affixed but get moved around and no longer point to the next tee. That's the biggest downside to painting or welding next tee markers IMO.

For reference, I've seen the painted basket wires and quickly figured out what was being conveyed. I couldn't argue that it isn't the best way.

This has become common around in my area -- though usually it's tape, not paint.

It was a big help when we did it on our private course, which has 2 overlapping layouts and can be a bit confusing. Of course, it only works if you tell people to look for it.

For a course that moves baskets between sleeves, it probably won't work.

This has become common around in my area -- though usually it's tape, not paint.

It was a big help when we did it on our private course, which has 2 overlapping layouts and can be a bit confusing. Of course, it only works if you tell people to look for it.

For a course that moves baskets between sleeves, it probably won't work.

What I was hoping to convey is that I figured it out without being told, but regarding multiple sleeves and moving baskets, I suppose if they can rotate the basket to make it right they should. Now how to rotate a tee pad, lol

What I was hoping to convey is that I figured it out without being told, but regarding multiple sleeves and moving baskets, I suppose if they can rotate the basket to make it right they should. Now how to rotate a tee pad, lol

I don't think baskets with locking collars can be rotated.

For the rest, yeah. Ours are portables, and though they don't move much, when they do we need to pay attention to how they line up.

It's possible to notice and figure them out as a player, of course, but I'm not sure how many people do. if a course has a bulletin board, it would help to mention it. (For our private course, we meet visitors for their first round, so have a chance to tell them).

With my design mind engaged I think of coordinating pin flag color w tee signs, then keying the next tee indicator to the next tee and pin. I am almost certain the future will arrive with more layers of standardization.

I recently worked on a signage project and made the holes all proportional, so a short hole was smaller on the sign and the longest hole stretched the full length. I don't think that is generally how it is done. I realized there was no standard way to depict OB or Mandos.

I just played a course here in FL that had metal signs, think highway signs, 9" X 18" hanging below the baskets. While they probably aren't cheap, they aren't going to fade and won't break easily. I came up short on a putt, banged the sign and it rattled pretty good! :thmbup:

Latest posts