• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nicknames for DG

Frolf is my choice, because I love seeing dg nerds get upset when you say it.

Should change my youtube to The Frolf Vids :)

When I'm talking to my buddies we just say "Wanna golf?" or "You throwin today?" etc.

I actually like disco, whoever said that. disgo

For some reason just calling it golf trips me out. Same with just disc. Like, 'oh, you disc?' or 'you play disc?'

Random bumper sticker idea...

"Discers do it without holes."

Last edited:
Frolf is the perfect nickname. It is short, catchy, and most people have a vague idea what you mean when you say it.

Dilf is a term I hear--note the spelling--all the time, but that's because I am a very sexy dad.

My son, wife, and I call it Frozebee because my son started calling it that, and I don't argue with adorable four year olds.

"The Beautiful Game."

:cool:

Oh wait, that one's already taken?! :\ :\ :|

"Play"

As in, "Wanna play Earlewood this afternoon?" Or "I'm planning to play the course this weekend".

Other than that, so shorthand for me---simply "disc golf".

I say frolf whenever I'm around people that get upset about it. The rest of the time I just call it disc golf.

I just call it golf. Anyone that knows my broke ass knows that I'm too poor to play ball golf. When I say I'm going golfing, they know what I mean. Hehehe!